Hungry gravid ambilobe

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
She sleeps upside down and jams around like nothing BCE7B07A-5060-4650-8552-8D0F6C19CCDB.jpeg

I may be mistaken but you just bred a pair successfully right? If so is this the little mother to be? I think their gravid colors are just amazing!

Yes, she is the mother to be, definite gravid colors, I posted this because I'm so amazed at her mobility beiing with eggs
Thats only the beginning....I will heavily feeding her with all the calcium dusting gutloaded feeders n hydrating her like no tomorrow.

I will heavily feeding her
^ this is the exact opposite of what you should be doing with her. Allowing her to gorge herself on all the feeders she can eat will increase her clutch size.

Big portions = big clutches
Big clutches = big taxes on her body
Big taxes = early death

I’m not saying starve her, keep her feeding schedule like it’s always been. Focus on variety and quality, not volume while gravid.

I feed her very modestly, she gets 5 medium bsfl and 5 small/ medium crickets a day dusted with calcium, I love this female!!! As much as all the other females in my house lol.. seriously though

^ this is the exact opposite of what you should be doing with her. Allowing her to gorge herself on all the feeders she can eat will increase her clutch size.

Big portions = big clutches
Big clutches = big taxes on her body
Big taxes = early death

I’m not saying starve her, keep her feeding schedule like it’s always been. Focus on variety and quality, not volume while gravid.
Of course too much feeder will not be the best option but judgeing by her pic she is bit skinny if she is gravid...I suggest let her eat a bit more to bring that weight up.monitor with a food scale on her weight n proceed feeding accordingly.

Of course too much feeder will not be the best option but judgeing by her pic she is bit skinny if she is gravid...I suggest let her eat a bit more to bring that weight up.monitor with a food scale on her weight n proceed feeding accordingly.
I can agree with that! Just wanted to clarify for when some new member comes along reading this thread when we’re all long gone...

When she is approaching the time to lay eggs she may begin to refuse food and become restless.
After the egg laid I would allow her to eat as much as she wants (gutload n calcium dusting)for about 4-5 days afterwards to recover and then put her back on her regular diet.

When she is approaching the time to lay eggs she may begin to refuse food and become restless.
After the egg laid I would allow her to eat as much as she wants (gutload n calcium dusting)for about 4-5 days afterwards to recover and then put her back on her regular diet.
Truth^(y)

Back
Top Bottom