Humidity?

Destany

I have a screened in chameleon cage for my 3-4 month old chameleon. I have a shower curtain wrapped around the cage with a mister and a humidity fogger but her humidity won’t rise.
Any ideas?

I have a screened in chameleon cage for my 3-4 month old chameleon. I have a shower curtain wrapped around the cage with a mister and a humidity fogger but her humidity won’t rise.
Any ideas?
Live plants? Like a lot of them?
Where do you live? A glass enclosure might be better depending on that.
What kind of chameleon?

Any ideas?
I use multiple sensors at different heights normally near Basking and near the sleeping spot at least since they spend larger chunks of time their.

Going to second the motion for plants. I keep about a dozen potted plants in the enclosure and retain a good amount of humidity without needing the shower curtain approach. I did a great stuff build out for them and have them tucked into the foam and then covered in coir and moss. This blocks one wall and the substrate and plants do the work for me. It's a fun project I used a 2*2*4 screen cage and just went for it after I got inspired after lurking in the search for build ideas.

Any ideas?
What are your current humidity levels? Ideal for a veiled is between 30-50% and for panther is 50-70%. Unless the temps are below at least 70f, you don’t want to use a fogger.

Back
Top Bottom