Humidity???

Johnny5958

Just curious as to what others are using to help with humidity. I have tried moss and "rainforest background" and it always seems to grow mould. Is there anything out there that I can use that will not go mouldy?

I aim for my cham to be well hydrated and have an easy time shedding. I figure, if this is achieved, I don't need to break my back upping the humidity.

However, I use (all screen cage) three sides covered with a thin plastic to hold in humidity, I have a pressure sprayer that creates a very fine mist, and a fogger that keeps the humidity up within the room, and thus, high within the cage.

Hope you find something that can help you!

Live plants and covering the sides of the cage with plastic shower curtain. That should help quite a bit. Start with two sides and do the third if needed.

Oh and get rid of the moss I just use paper towels on the bottom of course you have to change them quite often, but I'm pretty anal about having my cages spotless.

Ah, yes, I prefer to use an abundance of pothos in my cages :) Potted with organic soil (no fertilizer), covered the top with large rocks to avoid the cham/crickets from getting to the soil, and also the rocks being large enough so the chameleon cannot accidentally eat them.

Hibiscus is another of my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom