Humidity help!

Jackson14

I have a 4 foot tall screen cage from zoo med and it is impossible to keep the humidity up in this thing. I have put a reptifogger on a timer for most of the day and I am misting about 10-12 times a day. I do not really want to put plastic wrap or plexiglass around the walls because my Jackson loves to climb all over the walls of the cage.:D

I know what you mean. Fully screen cages suck for holding in humidity! I personally prefer 1/2 glass 1/2 screen enclosures - retains needed humidity at the same time as excellent airflow. Live plants help a ton with keeping the humidity levels up. A 3' potted ficus or schefflera plant are good options. Also, Pothos (Devil's Ivy) hanging from the top in a basket is a great option as well. I have both a ficus and a schefflera (that I bought at my local Fred Meyer) in my enclosure and my panther cham LOVES 'em!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

~Spider

you could put the plastic or plexiglass on the outside so he can still climb on the screen

go to home depot..(yes screen cages suck for humidity, but i free range...i keep humidity..its your equiptment, and setup)..and get some painters plastic, they have clear and frosted(the thicker and better version is frosted..i think 2 or 3 mil)..but tightly wrap the three sides of the cage, back, and two sides..using packing tape (3 m holds the best, duct tape will work best but is ugly unless cut to perfect preportions)..but after mistings it will hold much more humidity and still offer a visual barrier that glass does not (witch in most lizard species causes nose rubbing)....

Back
Top Bottom