Humidity at 35%?

LibbyRhiann

Hi!

Since switching from a glass cage to a screen cage I’m really struggling to keep up the humidity, i know 40% through the day it acceptable for veiled’s but during the night, it’s still not going up much, I woke up this morning and it was only reading 45%. I know during the night it needs to be much higher.. I’m misting at least 3 times a day, about 3 minutes each time.

I have covered the sides and back today with cardboard but not really noticed much change with the humidity. Is there any suggestions? I have attached a picture of where my probe sits within the enclosure.

Attachments

• EBE22A09-D4DB-4464-B487-F93BF8D49ADA.jpeg
    EBE22A09-D4DB-4464-B487-F93BF8D49ADA.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 70CE8A3B-9ABD-41EC-BB4F-FCD9588DA386.jpeg
    70CE8A3B-9ABD-41EC-BB4F-FCD9588DA386.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi!

Since switching from a glass cage to a screen cage I’m really struggling to keep up the humidity, i know 40% through the day it acceptable for veiled’s but during the night, it’s still not going up much, I woke up this morning and it was only reading 45%. I know during the night it needs to be much higher.. I’m misting at least 3 times a day, about 3 minutes each time.

I have covered the sides and back today with cardboard but not really noticed much change with the humidity. Is there any suggestions? I have attached a picture of where my probe sits within the enclosure.
you could get a fogger, if you dont already have one. i dont have any ideas other than that, but i have a veiled chameleon, (whos humidity is currenly a little higher than ideal) but i dont fog, and his urates are completely hydrated. the humidity does go up to 70 ish percent at night where he is now so idk if that plays a role or not

Back
Top Bottom