Humidifer Questions?

idk to much about jacksons-but i do believe they require a lot of humidity...i dont like the foggers to much-i have a crane penguin humidifier in the cham room, if i was to point it into the cage-it would be TO much humidity for my veiled and panther. so i would just keep the crane going overtop or super close to his cage.
also-get the filter for the crane, and if it's safe for your baby to breathe and trust it with your childs lungs...i would imagine it's safe for a cham-just dont blow it in his nose. and my chams are scared of the foggy stuff anyways.

idk to much about jacksons-but i do believe they require a lot of humidity...i dont like the foggers to much-i have a crane penguin humidifier in the cham room, if i was to point it into the cage-it would be TO much humidity for my veiled and panther. so i would just keep the crane going overtop or super close to his cage.
also-get the filter for the crane, and if it's safe for your baby to breathe and trust it with your childs lungs...i would imagine it's safe for a cham-just dont blow it in his nose. and my chams are scared of the foggy stuff anyways.

So, I should go with the Crane? I know they require about 80% humidity, and right now I'm using a very bad, old one.

Hi there! Did you change out the lighting and did it help? I live in Florida so I fortunately do not have the humdity problem most of the other areas of the country have, so have never used a humidifier. Do you have a dripper going and live plants? That will aid you somewhat in helping maintain the humidity also.

Hi there! Did you change out the lighting and did it help? I live in Florida so I fortunately do not have the humdity problem most of the other areas of the country have, so have never used a humidifier. Do you have a dripper going and live plants? That will aid you somewhat in helping maintain the humidity also.

I have changed the lights and got him proper housing. I have no live plants, but I have a dripper going and I've seen him drink. :D

As asked, here is his new set up. Yes, he stopped closing his eyes. I have seen him drink, but not yet eat. He seems much happier is walking around his tank as normal. By the way, his name is Charlemagne.

Attachments

• setup1.jpg
    setup1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 129
  • charle.jpg
    charle.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 116
Cudos to you for the change! If I can make one small suggestion to you, the plastic container at the bottom...is that for drainage? If so, I would use something more shallow as if your cham fell into it he could drown in the water if it got deep enough. He should eventually eat. Probably just a little stressed from all the confusion. Glad to hear things are going better! He looks good!!!! Also, just taking another look at the enclosure, I would add a few more plants so he can hide if need be and feel more secure.

Cudos to you for the change! If I can make one small suggestion to you, the plastic container at the bottom...is that for drainage? If so, I would use something more shallow as if your cham fell into it he could drown in the water if it got deep enough. He should eventually eat. Probably just a little stressed from all the confusion. Glad to hear things are going better! He looks good!!!! Also, just taking another look at the enclosure, I would add a few more plants so he can hide if need be and feel more secure.

Thanks, yes it is for catching extra water. I empty it often, but will consider a shallower dish. I expected the stress to be the problem of his lack of appetite, but I'm over joyed that he's better now. I have some more vines and I will add them.

Even though u have that dripper if u live in a dry place u better get that Crane. Low humidity can cause problems u couldn't even imagine

http://www.google.com/#q=germ+guard...sQrQQwAw&biw=1264&bih=762&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

Here is a link with some great humidifiers. I use this one:

Germ Guardian H3000 Ultrasonic 72-hour Digital Humidifier

I got it at Lowes. They are not cheap but work really really well and there are also cheaper models.

Glad to hear your jacksonii is doing better!!!! He looks a little skinny so feed him well until he fills out then go to a normal schedule.

I am guessing you have been givin suggestions for gut loading etc in your other thread?

I was gonna say the same thing. Jacksons have a thin look to them, especially the way their rear legs look. But he does look rather skinny. I use an ultrasonic cool mist from Walgreens for my Jacksons and have had pretty good luck with it. Here is a video of my baby Jacksons- You can see the humidifier off to the side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPIWMtPA5c

I ordered the Crane, just have to wait for it to come. He still has not eaten, and the last time I've seen him eat is when I first received him. He ate a few crickets then, but hasn't since. I leave some dusted crickets in his cage all day, and take out the ones he didn't eat before I turn his lights off for the night. I am gut loading the crickets fruits as apples, pineapple, and cantaloupe as well as fish flakes. I mist his leaves often, but I made the mistake of getting silk ones. My humidity is pretty crap, but at least its better than nothing. It's one that uses steam, but it doesn't seem to be getting into his cage. I will be getting a weeping fig tree in there as well. I will be receiving it in about 2-4 days depending. I will most likely get the tree tomorrow at a nursery or the day after.

For the record, this is the humidifier I'm using at this moment until I get the Crane:

I finally got my crane humidifier (first one stolen off my doorstep, luckily amazon replaced it) and set it up with some PVC pipe up to the cages and I'm very pleased with it! It emits a nice rolling fog immediately when you turn it on that really helps the humidity and it runs very quiet. Since it's cool mist they're not too keen about sitting directly in the mist since it's winter and my house runs cool but I bet they will in the summer. :)

Back
Top Bottom