Govee temp/hygrometers?

I use the govee bluetooth ones. IF they ever die I wanna buy the wifi version that @Throwingstones linked for you. Same rules with these ones do not put them in a direct spray path or fogging path. They have a little hook on them I take of the string thing and run a small zip tie through it to hook it to the branches.
Awesome, I ordered those ones, they should be here tomorrow.

Yeah I am not familiar with that one. I like the govee ones just because I have the wifi plugs from them as well and everything runs off one app. But the bluetooth sensors suck and only will update data to the app if I am home.
What do the wifi plugs do?

What do the wifi plugs do?
They are basically timers. I can see and access these when I leave the house from the app.
My home screen looks like this. I can tell that my Led bar is the only one to not kick on yet. They remain white when off then show the blue hue on the top of the box when they are kicked on. I run mine in an on and off sequence. So this lets me pick the exact time I want one to kick on and kick off so they can all be on individual schedules.

IMG_8234.PNG

Then you click into the wifi plugs and it looks like this.

IMG_8233.PNG

Then you can click into the timer and set it up how you want it for that one plug.

IMG_8232.PNG

Yeah I am not familiar with that one. I like the govee ones just because I have the wifi plugs from them as well and everything runs off one app. But the bluetooth sensors suck and only will update data to the app if I am home.
Yeah I love have the ability to check when I’m not home. Before I got those I had the other one and on vacation I set it in front of my camera so I can see the temps that way😂 I also have the kasa smart strip too, works alright. Sometimes my internet isn't that great and it goes offline, very annoying

Awesome thank you so much! Ordering now!
Look for the coupon on Amazon. 20.00 off Govee. Also if you need more than 3, you can expand/purchase individual sensors to use with the wifi gateway. I think the gateway works with upto six sensors.

The coupon is now 6.00 off but the price decreased.

So I just came across a sale from Reptizoo for these! This system looks awesome. However, I have no idea how well it works and I do not know if the sensors are water resistant/proof. I send them a message on the ad asking about that, and the lifespan of the batteries for the probes. It says how accurate they are (obviously we don't just trust that, but if the data is accurate, these should be good) on the website but not anything about water resistant or battery life that I saw.

So just throwing it out here if someone is interested. I may get it myself and test it against the ones I have.

https://reptizoo.store/collections/...meter-and-humidity-gauge-large-screen-display

Ive never heard of these. I got the Govee ones last night through Amazon. My only complaint about these sensors is that I can't get them to connect to my specific wifi, but other than that they are awesome!

Ive never heard of these. I got the Govee ones last night through Amazon. My only complaint about these sensors is that I can't get them to connect to my specific wifi, but other than that they are awesome!
I'm pretty tech savvy. Been building PCs for decades and I'm currently working on a computer programming degree. Let's get to work.

does your wifi have both 2.4ghz and a 5ghz signal? If so, make sure you disable the 5ghz signal (might be the opposite but it should say in the manual!), then try to get them to connect and see if that works.

I'm pretty tech savvy. Been building PCs for decades and I'm currently working on a computer programming degree. Let's get to work.

does your wifi have both 2.4ghz and a 5ghz signal? If so, make sure you disable the 5ghz signal (might be the opposite but it should say in the manual!), then try to get them to connect and see if that works.
Oh gosh, I am the exact opposite! I can barely utilize this site and YouTube 🤣 🤣 🤣

I do have 2 Wifis. One for sure is the 5g but I have no idea what the other one is or how to find out.

Oh gosh, I am the exact opposite! I can barely utilize this site and YouTube 🤣 🤣 🤣

I do have 2 Wifis. One for sure is the 5g but I have no idea what the other one is or how to find out.
Yeah try to find out and read through the instructions carefully. It SHOULD say to disable one of the signals. Typically which ever your device goes by... the other signal might be blocking it. But if this is the case, you only have to stop the signal while establishing the connection. You can turn it right back on after you're done! It's not a permanent issue.

Ok I'll try to figure out what I have and disable the 5g. Thank you!
Np if that doesn't get you anywhere let me know and I'll do my best to help figure this out. Sometimes it can be a finnicky thing and you just gotta work through it somehow.

Np if that doesn't get you anywhere let me know and I'll do my best to help figure this out. Sometimes it can be a finnicky thing and you just gotta work through it somehow.
Awesome thank you so much for the support! I'd really love to be able to check temps while I am not at home.

Back
Top Bottom