Huge hornworms

This is what I have and yeah her basking bulb gets up to around 95F and the temperature at the top is usually around 80-85 and the temperature at the bottom is about 70-75.
That will work for UVB... But when you say it gets up to 95 are you talking about where she is actually sitting in the heat it is that high? If so you need a lower wattage bulb. At her basking level it should be no hotter then 85. How many inches below her lights is her basking branches?

That will work for UVB... But when you say it gets up to 95 are you talking about where she is actually sitting in the heat it is that high? If so you need a lower wattage bulb. At her basking level it should be no hotter then 85. How many inches below her lights is her basking branches?[/QUOTE
Her basking spot goes up to 95F the vet and a few websites and people I’ve asked have said it was a good temp. And her light is about 6 in away from the branch maybe a bit more.

Ok wayyyyy too hot for her. Your vet is incorrect as well as the other websites. The max temp for an adult male Veiled is 90. Max temp for an adult female is 85. All Juveniles less then 9 months old should have a max temp of 85. Your going to want to drop the temp with using a lower wattage bulb. So if you have a 75 watt drop it to a 50 watt. Here is a good resource link for you https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Ok wayyyyy too hot for her. Your vet is incorrect as well as the other websites. The max temp for an adult male Veiled is 90. Max temp for an adult female is 85. All Juveniles less then 9 months old should have a max temp of 85. Your going to want to drop the temp with using a lower wattage bulb. So if you have a 75 watt drop it to a 50 watt. Here is a good resource link for you https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
I will definitely change that right now! Thank you very much. And I’ll read into the care for her more.

trust me when I say u guys aren't the only ones!!!
I could deal with hornworms any day over roaches. The last one that got too big is cocooned now but I named him Moe. This was him the day before he cocooned lol he is just a happy lil fat guy lol DD5210DD-224C-4EB8-AE00-EC51C0732177.jpeg

I can do worms to an extent... heres a nice picture of my current ones... Apollo is more than happy to take them down!

edit: getting to that picture was a journey though! man I was throwing them everywhere just trying to handle them, their bites hurt!!!

Attachments

• WIN_20190319_19_27_14_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190319_19_27_14_Pro.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 61
Ewww no something about the soft body and hard parts is sensory overload for me. I throw them and scream everytime
Omg I am laughing so hard!!! You should have seen me yesterday I dropped a cup of 50 large superworms on the ground! I started screaming. Now those I hate! They are all twitchy and fast. They were going in all different directions. I gave up and got the hand vac. Only managed to pick up 30 the rest got tossed from the vacuum lol I was like a crazy person crawling around on the floor hand vac in one hand and a flashlight in the other. Good times

I can do worms to an extent... heres a nice picture of my current ones... Apollo is more than happy to take them down!

edit: getting to that picture was a journey though! man I was throwing them everywhere just trying to handle them, their bites hurt!!!
They bite? Moe never bit me

Reactions: iMi
Omg I am laughing so hard!!! You should have seen me yesterday I dropped a cup of 50 large superworms on the ground! I started screaming. Now those I hate! They are all twitchy and fast. They were going in all different directions. I gave up and got the hand vac. Only managed to pick up 30 the rest got tossed from the vacuum lol I was like a crazy person crawling around on the floor hand vac in one hand and a flashlight in the other. Good times
Omg I would be going crazy if my superworms got out. I would pick up and leave

Omg I would be going crazy if my superworms got out. I would pick up and leave
No seriously freaked me out! I was like I can’t have these things crawling in my bedroom. Nooooo bueno!!!!! I sat there and counted them all to make sure I got all 50. Accidental spill took like an hour to clean up and count the dang things. It was a shinning moment in my chameleon keeping :p

No seriously freaked me out! I was like I can’t have these things crawling in my bedroom. Nooooo bueno!!!!! I sat there and counted them all to make sure I got all 50. Accidental spill took like an hour to clean up and count the dang things. It was a shinning moment in my chameleon keeping :p
I had about 10 crickets escape on me and my son helped me chase them all down lol

Back
Top Bottom