HR 669 - Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act

you guys are getting so worked up over this.

the bill won't pass.

i understand the problem people have with the bill. but to honestly put this into affect would cost the goverment ALOT of money, money they don't have.

You are right. IT would cost a lot. A lot they dont' have, for little effect.

Unfortunatly, that is exactly how the government works. They spend a lot of money they don't have (it's not THEIR money in the first place!) with little worry of oversight. They dot' have profit margins to be concerned about.

This bill would accomplish little, and cost a lot. Perfectly in line with government principles. Especially in line with the people who are sponsoring it.

Some people in government just fell a need to "Do" something. As if, they're not doing their jobs if they dont' create laws and legislate... They have to justify their own existance.

I wish elected officials would(more like could) run on a premise of spending LESS money.

you guys are getting so worked up over this.

the bill won't pass.

i understand the problem people have with the bill. but to honestly put this into affect would cost the goverment ALOT of money, money they don't have.

hey but I would better be safe then sorry and write your state rep just to get our voice out there.

Taking a "It will never pass" attitude is pretty dangerous if you understand that the lobbyists behind this bill are extremely powerful, with a lot of money.

Groups like PETA have a tremendous amount of resources, because on the surface.. if you walk up to someone on the street and say "We're an organization that supports animal rights, would you give us a dollar".. 95% of people are "Pro Animal Rights" and will support them. They don't realize that they are supporting a radical, terrorist organization that seeks to completely ban pet ownership. They aren't exactly the humane society.

This bill is being slipped through the cracks as an environmental issue, but believe me its real intention is to be the first step towards "Animal Liberation". They don't care about the economic impacts, and the politicians behind it get plenty of street cred for looking like they care about the environment so they support it. It all comes down to campaign donations and how their votes on a particular issue will look in a few years on their opponents campaign commercials... "Senator Bla Bla Bla voted to release dangerous exotic wildlife into our children's playgrounds, and the next year 3 people died of snake attacks."

Taking a "It will never pass" attitude is pretty dangerous if you understand that the lobbyists behind this bill are extremely powerful, with a lot of money.

Groups like PETA have a tremendous amount of resources, because on the surface.. if you walk up to someone on the street and say "We're an organization that supports animal rights, would you give us a dollar".. 95% of people are "Pro Animal Rights" and will support them. They don't realize that they are supporting a radical, terrorist organization that seeks to completely ban pet ownership. They aren't exactly the humane society.

This bill is being slipped through the cracks as an environmental issue, but believe me its real intention is to be the first step towards "Animal Liberation". They don't care about the economic impacts, and the politicians behind it get plenty of street cred for looking like they care about the environment so they support it. It all comes down to campaign donations and how their votes on a particular issue will look in a few years on their opponents campaign commercials... "Senator Bla Bla Bla voted to release dangerous exotic wildlife into our children's playgrounds, and the next year 3 people died of snake attacks."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Harry

I was not as concerned until I opened my mail today. I received a letter from my Congress person that they seem to be in SUPPORT OF THIS BILL! I would for sure say PLEASE GET THOSE EMAILS IN TODAY!!!!! After reading this letter I am MUCH more concerned now!!!!!

IMG.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they realize that added onto the "Billions" of dollars, now they have another few billion to put this law into effect.

I agree. Billions off taxable dollars annually will be lost if this goes through. Also Millions MORE jobs will be lost! I am just shocked that they are actually thinking about putting it through.

It just needs to be more thought out, and if anything, it doesn't need to be put on a national level. Glad you took the time and effort to do this, though.

I agree. I just hope that people just take a few minutes to write a letter to there reps on this. I posted the link on here it does not take much to find the rep in your district......

They can't pass this. If they do, this bill will be the final blow to thrusting us into a full-blown depression. You can quote me on that.

Simpatico with Eric!

I am with Eric on this....do not underestimate the power of the people in control right now to make the economy worse than it is and to grasp more control over our lives. They are repeating every step that was made before the "Great Depression" and everything that was done wrong after it. Most economists today say that all the big government spending and "stimulus" package stuff they did after that depression caused it to extend an extra eight years. The New Deal (new government entitlement programs) back then made people suffer an extra eight years. And they are now taking the EXACT same steps. They have learned nothing from history except how to repeat it.

They are also taking control over every facet of the economy and our lives step by step. Anything affecting the environment in any way is open to control. It's is the central theme running through everything being done other than healthcare for people. They are downsizing our "footprint" as individuals and as a nation by taking control of financial institutions, major manufacturing sectors (auto makers for instance), energy production sources and our individual consumption of everything from fast food to airplanes. This is not a conspiracy theory. The politicians that 1/2 this country voted for said they were going to do this openly and now they are. We are all going to be required to have "smart" meters in our homes. They will use them to regulate how much energy we use and shut off input if they think we are using more than our "fair share". It will be like having them in your house.

Oh, and our healthcare footprint will actually be downsized. They have openly said that there is a natural cycle in life and that American society spends too much money putting off death. We all need to live with the health problems that come with old age and not expect treatment for those things.

If losses in quality of life for the elderly and hundreds of thousands of lost jobs due to new energy and carbon emisson policies don't bother them, why would the losses (emotional and economic) to exotic species lovers bother them?

And Dondeb562......the congressman that sent you that letter is one of the bill's sponsors....his response is no surprise.

My mother who is very involved in the animal community called Congressman Gary Miller's office today and they told her that people are getting him confused with a Steve Miller who is a sponser of this bill, so I don't know what to think about this, but it would not surprise me if he infact is also sponsering it considering the letter as well.....

Sorry Gary!

It is George Miller from California who is a co-sponsor. Not Gary. Sorry Gary for my mistake. You are still, however, a "you-know-what" for supporting it in your letter :(

Lol-worthy stuff, but at the same time it's sad that the said letter wasn't delivered to the right person.

I am not sure what you mean that it was not sent to the right person. I sent a letter to MY Congress rep and he responded to me.... it was sent to the right person on my end.... maybe I am a bit confused by your statement...?

You must be the first person to have correctly identified these idiots. Did you hear about the stunt they pulled in Toronto a few weeks back? Fake, unmarked iodine pills on everyones step.

This bill better fail, cause the moment it passes, Harper will be all out to pass an identical one in Canada. His old master in the White House may be gone, but that doesn't make him any less of a threat up here.

Back
Top Bottom