How to treat open wound?

carljr

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what creams you would use to put on a open wound? My chameleon was free roaming on the couch while I was cleaning his tank last night, and he fell on his head while trying to climb down from the top! He has a tiny cut on his nose, and when I woke up this morning there was blood on it.

I live in the UK so unfortunately can’t get neosporin or polysporin but have silver sulfadine, f10 ointment and salvon. Also have iodine, would you be able to use it like an antiseptic wash on a open wound like that?

Many thanks!! :)

I have experience treating some open wounds on my cham and can speak for manuka honey. They even use honey in hospitals, it's a proven method. As a bonus you can clean it out with chlorhexidine first and then apply the honey. Should heal nicely

Silver sulfadiazine is most commonly used for burns, but it is an anti microbial and can be used for any wounds. I agree with the others too that manuka honey is great.

Thanks for the replies guys :) That’s so cool, I’ve never heard of manuka honey on wounds before! I’ll grab some when I go grocery shopping this week.

I‘ve just put him to bed and didn’t take any pictures of his cut, but I’ll take one in the morning and post it

Back
Top Bottom