How to make cricket-proof??

DartsRule

I have 3 Penn Plax vivariums for my chams and crickets are escaping. Bad enough for me, but worse because my neighbour in the condo next to mine is finding crickets in her place! :confused: Needless to say she is not too happy with me.
I do not see any visible openings for them to be getting out. I know its not from their holding boxes as I tried putting the cricket boxes in my tub overnight and none escaped.
Just wondering what others have done to prevent this from happening to them? Could it be the narrow slit around the door or from the bottom sliding board?
Any help is appreciated!

Funny question from a dart guy. Hate to see the flies in your house lol. Short answer is just like dart tanks they escape anywhere. Floor pans usually fit somewhat loosely and they will also easily get through small door cracks. Also like like darts, sounds like you might be over feeding if there are frequent escapees.

Update:

So I have tackled this issue by cup feeding. I hand fed a few weeks to prevent loose crickets in the pens. Now when my chams see me coming with the cup they come running. I was then able to leave the feeder cups in the pens and they go and feed themselves as needed. Since I started this I haven't found 1 cricket get loose!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_2227.jpg
    IMG_2227.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 116
Funny question from a dart guy. Hate to see the flies in your house lol. Short answer is just like dart tanks they escape anywhere. Floor pans usually fit somewhat loosely and they will also easily get through small door cracks. Also like like darts, sounds like you might be over feeding if there are frequent escapees.

the Hydei flies escapes are another issue all together! ha ha

I seal the frame corners and the tim if the PVC bottom with a hot glue gun. This seems to work well with my cages. I do this before I outfit the cages or introduce an animal

Back
Top Bottom