How to make a dripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enclosure is 6ft :) 2 ft off the ground.

Well thats something to take into account too! Actually mine is a kitty litter tray beneath, something like this.. Only gets emptied each day before lights out.

2m2jk9t.jpg

My setup

https://www.chameleonforums.com/homers-new-habitat-pic-23923/

you once complained of refilling daily a cup, not to pick at you to much haha but you just said you empty that resivoir you have there daily, as i dont have to empty mine daily, but fill the cup daily. once again is just a to each his own issue not somethign not being sufficient... anyway

I only have to refill my resevoir every 3 days. I empty the catchment each night because I dont want high humidity overnight and one days catch fills the tray halfway. Ever tried to carry a really full flexable tray?
Your cup wouldnt be sufficient for me, in that I prefer to ensure more than is needed rather than only what is needed.
In summer months, my system will still be sufficient. 'for me!. :)

I only have to refill my resevoir every 3 days. I empty the catchment each night because I dont want high humidity overnight and one days catch fills the tray halfway. Ever tried to carry a really full flexable tray?
Your cup wouldnt be sufficient for me, in that I prefer to ensure more than is needed rather than only what is needed.
In summer months, my system will still be sufficient.

oh i dont just do only what is needed, that makes it sound bad, what i do isnt bad period, but would your system be sufficent for this guy, maybe not, mine for sure would be.... like i said before i was told i wasnt sufficent and i am, your bad not mine, and now its late so i go to bed, see your posts in the morning im sure.... im done beating a dead horse though so bye

im done beating a dead horse though so bye

LOl, why did you start beating it in the first place?

You talked of flooding an inches of water etc, this may be the case with your enclosure, not mine. Therefor, you do/use the method that is only what is needed for you, as opposed to you using my system, MORE than needed, probly way more.
Nobody said your system was bad, I just said a cup will never be sufficient (MO).
You dont say what species you have with your 30 ounce cup, maybe its for pygmys for all I know, in which case its probly more than sufficient For you. and your enclosure/enviroment.
A 30 ounce resevoir Is Insufficient for me! and very likely will eventually be insufficient, or perhaps a better word would be 'Inefficient', for the thread starter also, seeing she also has a veiled if im not mistaken.
Your 30 ounce cup would be both inefficient and insufficient for my needs if you consider humidity aswell! Is that clearer? :)
Why split hairs? What I shouldve said was a cup will never be Efficient.
The reason I said not sufficient is because you said 'Cup' with no qualifier, no size.(i thought anyway, I missed it, my bad) When I hear 'cup', I think 'coffee cup'.
Imagine a dripper made from an average coffee cup, how could that be suffient or efficient?
are we on the same page now? :)

Thats my resevoir on the wall (around 11 litres)

2j1k8s3.jpg

Last edited:
Jojackson your cage is very nice. =) I would like one of thos cages for my cham but i never seen them out here in cali. Were did u get your cage from? Thanks

i have one of those exo terra flexariums, and although i am not possitive on this......... that size is now discontinued. I have recently tried to buy some more because that size is perfect, however all i can find is that it is discontinued. I live in England and according to a pal who has owned a reptile business for 15 years has informed me that exo terra is not making this size as they have streamlined their stock and sizes.

take a foam cup and put a tiny hole in the bottom, if you make the hole to big, then its just going to dripp everywere, so start small

Regardless of how rude and loud one is with their posts, there are no hard and fast rules about drippers. What works for one person may not be suitable or sufficient, or may be too much for another.

Its not the size or construction of the dripper cup that is important. What is important is that the chameleon is receiving sufficient water to remain well hydrated.

For me, for my chameleons, a relatively small dripper filled twice in the morning and once in the afternoon is enitrely satisfactory. I also live in an area where the humidity is relatively good naturally, and I also use a lot of wet gutload.

Enough! Let's try and have an intelligent conversation about drippers or I'll close the thread.

Thanks.
Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom