How to get stuck shed off of your chameleons tail

King4Zerg

How do you get rid of the stuck shedding? My chameleon shed about two weeks ago and his tail still has the shedding his full tail but it's not peeling or coming of What do I do?

The shower method? I mean put the shower pointing at the wall and put him under the mist or getting sprayed by the full stream of water?

The shower method? I mean put the shower pointing at the wall and put him under the mist or getting sprayed by the full stream of water?
Point the shower head at the wall and put your cham on a stand/branch/plant that gets lightly misted by the offspray. Only use room temperature water and supervise and leave him for 15-30 minutes

Ok Thanks! This will be a challenge for me because I'm still trying to tame my cham it get's easy sometimes but then he go's back to coming up and getting ready to snap at me. Thanks again!

Ok Thanks! This will be a challenge for me because I'm still trying to tame my cham it get's easy sometimes but then he go's back to coming up and getting ready to snap at me. Thanks again!
try food, like a hornworm or silk worm, it my entice him to walk up onto your hand if he sees it, that's what I do to take my cham out

He will hand feed that's the one thing he does but when my hand get's closer he doesn't like it that's why I got some gloves but when I use those he get's stressed so I stopped, and How I grab him is what I will do when I can is I put my hand strait in front of him and bring it closer then he would grab on and start to climb on. Then he started to get territorial and that's why I got gloves and he does not like them he will run out of his cage when I put them anywhere near him that's why I stopped doing it this is gonna be the last time I do, and also If you think I didn't try other things I did, like putting a stick in the He bit at it, I put a plant outside of his cage it kinda worked but I hid in the room he was in once out. There is something that might be a cause, he is getting big and I still have a small'ish cage but as you know ERKleRose I am planning on building a big one.

Try coming calming and slowly from below, if you haven’t already. Or use your hand to scare him onto a stick, if you haven’t tried that either

Remember he goes after my hand....Anyway he just got out of the shower.....I was able to get him on my arm with no attempt's of thinking I was a gummy bear....He's in his cage thinking about what happened I will check on his tail tomorrow to see if there is any progress on the shedding. Question if there isn't any progress what should I do?

Remember he goes after my hand....Anyway he just got out of the shower.....I was able to get him on my arm with no attempt's of thinking I was a gummy bear....He's in his cage thinking about what happened I will check on his tail tomorrow to see if there is any progress on the shedding. Question if there isn't any progress what should I do?
I’m no expert and might be wrong, but I’d do the showers daily for a week and see after that.

Do not put him in the shower. Chams are dry shedders. He will shed just fine on his own. There is a reason that section of his body hasn’t shed yet.

The only time you should intervene on a shed is if a cuff forms and is cutting off circulation to a limb. If he truly is having issues shedding you should get your supplements/nutritional info reviewed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom