How to fix cork background to reptibreeze? Help

Qwerty

Hi to all it's time to put my veiled male to it's permanent cage so i buy a reptibreeze xl, and i want to cover the backside with cork panel i found very beautiful panel but the problem is that i can't find a 24x48 one so i will buy more panel and put them togheter.
the problem is how can i fix it to reptibreeze ? i found that there is a specific glue for cork but it will work on aluminium frame? I think to use glue or silicone sealant but i'm worried if it can be toxic for my chameleon. I see a lot of picture online that shows reptibreeze with cork background but i never understand how to fix it to the background screen.
And if i decide to remove the background i don't want to have to change the enclosure too.
Thanks.

You can use wire if you don't want to use silicone. Drill or poke small holes in the cork, side by side, thread the wire through the cork, then through the screen and twist it together to hold. I would do one pice of wire in each corner, in the middle, and middle of the top and bottom. As many as needed so feeders can't get behind it. Don't twist the wire too tight, or it will rip the screen. You could also do the same thing with small zip ties.

I am still new to this but are cork backgrounds popular for chameleon cages because I haven't seen it in all the set ups that I have seen on the Internet or pictures in here yet. I would like to consider it if it is ok, as an alternative to putting up a shower curtain on the wall or along the back of the cage. I will do a search for this now.

I am still new to this but are cork backgrounds popular for chameleon cages because I haven't seen it in all the set ups that I have seen on the Internet or pictures in here yet. I would like to consider it if it is ok, as an alternative to putting up a shower curtain on the wall or along the back of the cage. I will do a search for this now.

I have this in one of my screen cages. I love it.

It is natural cork bark stripped from a cork tree, so it is not really completely flat, even with the backing it has. I built a frame and attached the cork to that and then attached the frame to the frame of the screen cage. I wish I had put it in the big glass Exo-Terra (36"x36"x18") before I set it up, but I didn't realize I needed to attach it to the sides with the terrarium lying on its side.

www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Natural-Background-18-Inches/dp/B0019J6GCC

The cheap Cork backgrounds are mostly annoying because crickets (and other bugs) can hide in it very well.
Over time pieces will fall out and they make even more hiding spots for crickets.

I would spend some more and get a bark background that's more solid or just not use any background.

Back
Top Bottom