How to feed my chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieCham03

I have a 5 month old male veiled chameleon. I know that I can feed my chameleon crickets and mealworms, but how do you do it? He won’t accept me hand feeding him, and I put a small bowl in the cage with mealworms and crickets but he still won’t eat. I also released a few crickets in the cage and even put a couple in front of him to encourage him to chase it but he won’t. Is there anything I’m doing wrong or is there a different way to do it?

I made this video on 4 different ways to feed your chameleon. You might find it helpful.

Are you giving him privacy? Most chameleons won't eat in front of you especially if they are new and/or young. Does he have places he can hide?

I made this video on 4 different ways to feed your chameleon. You might find it helpful.

Are you giving him privacy? Most chameleons won't eat in front of you especially if they are new and/or young. Does he have places he can hide?

Yes he can hide

Ah I just found your other thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/why-won’t-my-chameleon-eat.172818/page-2

Respectfully, unless you've made more changes since your most recent post, he doesn't have anywhere to hide. Chameleons are arboreal, which means they feel safest up high. Since the top of his enclosure is just branches, he doesn't have anywhere to feel safe. I also noticed that you've only had him for two days. It is veryyyy common for chameleons to take a few days before eating. Please add more plants towards the top and leave his food in a cup, gutloaded and supplemented, so you can track how much he is eating, and then just let him have some privacy. It is SUPER unlikely he'll eat in front of you.

I do agree with what everyone else is saying, he is going to need some serious TLC and tip-top husbandry to pull-through. You have lots of people who will help coach you through it, but you'll need to make a lot of changes, and fast.

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads. It gets very confusing. As you can see, you get a lot of the same questions asked by those who have not seen the first thread.

I locked this one down to prevent confusion. The original one is already linked above...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom