Why won’t my Chameleon eat?

I always thought the water reservoir had to sit higher than the pump ?? ???

Not really, but they recommend it. Mine is just above the water level. I don't like the idea that the electricity is below the water in case of a leak. You can see my pump behind the humidifier in this pic.

1577555917881.png

Unfortunately it’s very likely your looking at several vet visits, not one. As cruel as it sounds he should be returned and buy one from a reputable breeder.

At the very least, I would let the Pet Store be responsible for the bill. They usually will get treatment for the more expensive animals. You shouldn't have to pay for it. I understand if you decide to, but it just isn't fair.

I put a lot more stuff in it and got live plants. I tried to hand feed him crickets but he still won’t eat them. How do you guys feed your chameleons
image.jpg

At the very least, I would let the Pet Store be responsible for the bill. They usually will get treatment for the more expensive animals. You shouldn't have to pay for it. I understand if you decide to, but it just isn't fair.
I agree with you I feel like I heard them say that they will pay for the vet bill within 30 days but I need to call and make sure

I put a lot more stuff in it and got live plants
Respectfully, your heading in the right direction but that’s still crazy bare. You should have to actually search for your Cham from time to time when approaching your viv. Empty space in a cham viv equals wasted space. Fill the viv with multiple live plants evenly distributed around the viv and connect them all with branches of varying sizes.

Think of the plants as towns and the branches connecting them as roads.
CAD27FBB-C9ED-4C61-A1D0-4D0D96F7B8D6.jpeg
D35B8B68-FD2C-4232-A6D8-B3EA419332B4.jpeg
D59E85DC-A6ED-49EE-8715-90D8CB865B81.jpeg

You could go to Home Depot or lowes and grab a big Pothos plant. Just wash off the leaves well and re-pot with some topsoil, and put some stones over the dirt so they wont eat it. Pothos fills up a lot of space and your little guy will enjoy the cover. You could also do the same thing but for any plants on the safe list. but honestly, as said before your little guy is skinny and sick, you're better off returning him unless you've got a pile of money laying around to pay the vet bills. There is tons of great breeders sponsoring on this website, all of them are great and sell healthy animals. But if you still have your heart set on a chameleon then you need to surf this website and ask for help to set up the cage properly before bringing in a new animal, to make sure you have everything perfect.

What's the temperature where the chameleon can sit under the basking light?? There's quite a big space from the light to the branch.

Back
Top Bottom