How to deal with shed that won´t come off

Jingi

Hi!
Okay, so my chameleons have weird shed. They first shed head completely, then they move on. That doesn´t matter now.
My male has been shedding for over a 2 weeks now (he is very slow with it) and I noticed he has some shed on his eye, that won´t come off. He has tried scratching it and I have tried giving him shower and I have been spraying his cage more often. But it still won´t come off and I am starting to get little worried. Is there something I can do different? That shed has been for over a week and something on his eye.

How long was he in the shower? I would think a nice long warm shower would do the trick

I would try wrapping his cage to up the humidity. Do you have a automatic mister? They help a lot with shed. I just use a shower curtain from the dollar store to wrap the cage.

I would try wrapping his cage to up the humidity. Do you have a automatic mister? They help a lot with shed. I just use a shower curtain from the dollar store to wrap the cage.
I didn ´t think of that! I´ll try it!
No, I hand-mist.

I would do daily showers to get him thru a difficult shed for 20 -30 as above. This might be a sign that you need to improve your husbandry and gut load to prevent this in the future.

Back
Top Bottom