how to clean live plants

I just hit them with a spray bottle on more of a jet type adjustment. Gets rid of all the chameleon poo and calcium/vitamin dusts.

what about all the bacteria poop leaves behind? I made a dish soap and water mixture I plan on using on the plants tm for cleaning them. I also heard of a water and vinegar solution
I probably wouldn't try the vinegar, very acidic. Like you first said, tiny lil bit of dawn soap & a tiny bit of cooking oil would be better

Depends on the plant. You said wild/live. Is it from outside? If so make sure there’s no fertilizer or pesticide.

To just treat/clean poop and misc stuff, I spray diluted dawn everywhere and let it sit a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly with as much pressure as the plant can handle. I gently lift the leaves to make sure everything gets rinsed (aphids and pests like to hide underneath). If its particularly dirty or has pests, I would follow up by wiping off both sides of the leaves with rubbing alcohol and then repeat the dawn dish soap.

Just make sure you rinse the soil well, too, so that any residual dish soap rinses out of the roots/soil.

@snitz427 should I take the plants out of his enclosure (obviously im gonna take him out) but should I remove everything or just leave it in and spray it

I am confused.... So the plants that are in the enclosure you are wanting to clean. yes? Why are you using repti carpet?

Yes the plants in my enclosure are the ones I want to clean. And because I don't want to use substrate so I don't risk impaction or anything like that and I just put it on the bottom of the cage should I remove it?

Yes the plants in my enclosure are the ones I want to clean. And because I don't want to use substrate so I don't risk impaction or anything like that and I just put it on the bottom of the cage should I remove it?
Hun what are you using for water drain off? I would remove the carpet... This will allow you to just clean out the bottom each day if poop or urate falls on the floor. It will stay cleaner that way as well.

Post a pic of your enclosure for me... May be able to give you some tips to make it easier on you. :)
@Beman has a good point, pics help alot, and you have super great help at your finger tips ^! You are gonna want some kind of drain table I would assume, but I haven't seen how its setup

@Berman here is Rango's cage sorry for the late reply yesterday was super busy. Thank you for all the help!!

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 171
Back
Top Bottom