How to Clean Branches with Hydrogen Peroxide?

Doesn't it evaporate? Probably just pour it on and rinse. No big harm doing it, but I always noticed my branches lasted longer and were less susceptible to pests when not sanitized(killing the wood invites all sorts of bacteria and pests). I understand there are times where it's wise to do so though, just sharing my thoughts/experiences 🙂

Can you pour 3% hydrogen peroxide in the bottom of the cage to clean it while your Cham is in the cage? The reason I ask is because winter is coming and it’s not like I can take the cage out into the yard and clean it when it’s freezing outside with snow on the ground.

Can you pour 3% hydrogen peroxide in the bottom of the cage to clean it while your Cham is in the cage? The reason I ask is because winter is coming and it’s not like I can take the cage out into the yard and clean it when it’s freezing outside with snow on the ground.
No because it could splash and burn chameleons skin or if it gets in eyes (not good). But it is perfectly safe to clean enclosure. Don't even think you have to rinse. But I would rinse.

No because it could splash and burn chameleons skin or if it gets in eyes (not good). But it is perfectly safe to clean enclosure. Don't even think you have to rinse. But I would rinse.
We're talking about 3% here. People use that to disinfect cuts & scrapes, and as a mouthwash.
If concerned about "splash", it can be gotten on wipes, or poured onto cotton or paper towel to wipe on hard surfaces. By the time you're done, wherever you started will likely be dry already.

When I use it, I put it in an inexpensive pump spray bottle & spritz.

If cleaning an enclosure bottom, I wouldn't be worried about a chameleon that was chilling in the treetops/canopy, but if that's a concern, put him/her on a houseplant for the 5-15 minutes it might take to clean.

There is no need to rinse. Water & oxygen.

Last edited:
I do the spit and shine method....

Joking April Fools GIF by Katelyn Tarver

We're talking about 3% here. People use that to disinfect cuts & scrapes, and as a mouthwash.
If concerned about "splash", it can be gotten on wipes, or poured onto cotton or paper towel to wipe on hard surfaces. By the time you're done, wherever you started will likely be dry already.

When I use it, I put it in an inexpensive pump spray bottle & spritz.

If cleaning an enclosure bottom, I wouldn't be worried about a chameleon that was chilling in the treetops/canopy, but if that's a concern, put him/her on a houseplant for the 5-15 minutes it might take to clean.

There is no need to rinse. Water & oxygen.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom