How to assist shedding

Well it has worked so far... Every time my cham was having trouble shedding, I misted his feet and it was all gone within the hour...
And I am glad it has worked for you. I would not suggest it to others though when their cham is in the process of shedding. It can create problems for the chameleon.

Feet tend to take longer as it has to loosen from the toes and nails.

So it was just me being paranoid and we have got clean toes after a few hours ?‍♀️ Atleast we have some pretty new blue spots :) thanks for the help everyone anyways.

Attachments

• D0484E48-C5EF-4835-9F05-1B1BE7C4527F.jpeg
    D0484E48-C5EF-4835-9F05-1B1BE7C4527F.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 61
NO... they are dry shedders... If husbandry is correct nothing additional should have to be done.

I completely agree so don't get me wrong here, but I've found with good husbandry, even with misting/shower they shed just fine. Before petr shocked the world with his revelations, everyone was saying mist more during sheds! And didn't see anyone causing problems from it. Although I do agree with him that they seem to shed better when dry.

I completely agree so don't get me wrong here, but I've found with good husbandry, even with misting/shower they shed just fine. Before petr shocked the world with his revelations, everyone was saying mist more during sheds! And didn't see anyone causing problems from it. Although I do agree with him that they seem to shed better when dry.
I agree... I am talking for those that spray them directly thinking it will help them shed.. Soaking them down. Dipping their feet in water.

Beman gets wet here and there when he sheds and his misting system goes off. But he also does not stay in the mist either. lol

Back
Top Bottom