how old is my Chameleon? Meet Rango. Didn't think a "lizard" could bring me such joy lol

newchamfan

Funny little dude I can't get enough of him...even though hes not particularly doing anything except just be there ( and drain my pocket lol)

How old does he look?

Attachments

• IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 73013639116__3DF6A384-ED69-4106-B746-752BDD433F26.jpeg
    73013639116__3DF6A384-ED69-4106-B746-752BDD433F26.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5859.jpeg
    IMG_5859.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5852.jpeg
    IMG_5852.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 10
It’s hard to tell age based on size, but I’m pretty sure you actually have a female veiled chameleon, not a male!

I’d also recommend you fill out the husbandry form and someone experienced here will give you feedback! It’s incredibly helpful for keeping them healthy and preventing issues.

Here it is:

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high-traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

@Beman is the best with age guessing for veileds. Can you share a pic of the back of its feet? That will tell you if you have a boy or girl.

Also welcome :). I’m glad this googly eyed lizard brings you so much joy! You’ve found the right place to be if that’s the case!

Welcome to the forum... I am about 98% sure you have a female just looking at the body and the tail thickness. If you can get a picture of the back of the back feet from the side sitting on the branch we can tell you for sure.

Per age... Based on size of casque development and not having a hand or anything to compare to I am betting somewhere around 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom