How often to offer fruits and veggies?

ICu35

How often should I offer fruits and veggies to our 9 month old male vield? Yesterday was the first time Rococo ate any fruit :), it was a raspberry stuck on one of the branches of his schefflera. He went to eat it right away.

I was wondering how often do to give him fruits and how often veggies and in what quantities?

I would like to know what other where doing with their fruit a veggie feeding regiment. Any information on feeding strategies would be of great assistance.

Some would say daily, some would say weekly, some would say veggies more often than fruit.
I say so long as insects are the primary food source, leave the amount of direct veggie intake up to the chameleon.

I give mine veggies almost every day. It's extra hydration and nutrients so I don't see any reason not to. But insects should be the primary diet like sandra said. George doesn't like fruit so I can't help you there. :)

Thanks for the responses, that what I thought as well just wanted to get some other opinions.

I was wondering how to feed the veggies.. I have a couple month old female veiled and I don't want her to choke on the veggies, should I cook them or cut them up??? I would appreciate any and all help :)

You do loose a lot of nutrients but like I said I just didn't want her to choke because she is so tiny.. Are there any fruits or veggies I shouldn't feed her? Or are there certain ones that are better for her?

Wait until your little one is a couple months older.

I feed fruits and veggies about once a week. I cut them into tiny slivers and either had feed or bowl feed (some will not eat it from the bowl). Fruits are sweet so if you want to feed more than once a week I recommend feeding more veggies than fruits.

Back
Top Bottom