How often to feed worms

vgaines

I have silkworms, phoenix worms, and hornworms. (hornworms grew too big so I'm giving them away). Is it ok to feed one or two a day along with crickets? Would it be better to only feed worms one or two times a week. Also, I'm a little confused about if I should dust and gut load the worms. I know the worms come with special food so I didn't know if they would eat fruit and veggies.

The worms can be gutloaded. they will eat greens and other veggies. When I have worms I feed them to my boys at each feeding with a roach or other prey item as well.

They can all be gutloaded to an extent. The silks/horns will often eat leafy greens and shredded carrots (plus a few other things.) pheonix worms are actually a type of fly larvae that feed on old/rotting stuff. I have had them eat a mix of mashed up/slightly blended fresh fruits and veggies.

You can feed all worms on some days if you want. Just make sure the chameleon gets enough hard shelled feeders (crickets, roaches, supers/mealworms, etc.) for roughage. As long as they get a good variety of well balanced and gutloaded feeders, you can mix and match them on various days as you please.

They can all be gutloaded to an extent. The silks/horns will often eat leafy greens and shredded carrots (plus a few other things.) pheonix worms are actually a type of fly larvae that feed on old/rotting stuff. I have had them eat a mix of mashed up/slightly blended fresh fruits and veggies.

You can feed all worms on some days if you want. Just make sure the chameleon gets enough hard shelled feeders (crickets, roaches, supers/mealworms, etc.) for roughage. As long as they get a good variety of well balanced and gutloaded feeders, you can mix and match them on various days as you please.

Thank you. I appreciate the info....

Back
Top Bottom