How often to feed worms

vgaines

I have silkworms, phoenix worms, and hornworms. (hornworms grew too big so I'm giving them away). Is it ok to feed one or two a day along with crickets? Would it be better to only feed worms one or two times a week. Also, I'm a little confused about if I should dust and gut load the worms. I know the worms come with special food so I didn't know if they would eat fruit and veggies.

pigglett79

Avid Member
The worms can be gutloaded. they will eat greens and other veggies. When I have worms I feed them to my boys at each feeding with a roach or other prey item as well.

pssh

Avid Member
They can all be gutloaded to an extent. The silks/horns will often eat leafy greens and shredded carrots (plus a few other things.) pheonix worms are actually a type of fly larvae that feed on old/rotting stuff. I have had them eat a mix of mashed up/slightly blended fresh fruits and veggies.

You can feed all worms on some days if you want. Just make sure the chameleon gets enough hard shelled feeders (crickets, roaches, supers/mealworms, etc.) for roughage. As long as they get a good variety of well balanced and gutloaded feeders, you can mix and match them on various days as you please.

vgaines

They can all be gutloaded to an extent. The silks/horns will often eat leafy greens and shredded carrots (plus a few other things.) pheonix worms are actually a type of fly larvae that feed on old/rotting stuff. I have had them eat a mix of mashed up/slightly blended fresh fruits and veggies.

You can feed all worms on some days if you want. Just make sure the chameleon gets enough hard shelled feeders (crickets, roaches, supers/mealworms, etc.) for roughage. As long as they get a good variety of well balanced and gutloaded feeders, you can mix and match them on various days as you please.

Thank you. I appreciate the info....

Top Bottom