How Often should I feed

Uvagohoos

Hello recently when I was out on vacation my friend began feeding my chameleon some of his bearded dragon's phoenix worms and my chameleon loved them so I ordered another hundred. I was just curious how often I should be feeding him them

Phoenix worms are very good and high in calcium. My guy loves them as well! You should definitely mix in some variety, and also because phoenix worms are very small to begin with. I like to keep it balanced by providing both hard and soft-bodied feeders.

Like they say......Variety is the spice of life. Vary your feeders from day to day, so your little guy doesn't obsess with one feeder or another. Phoenix worms are a very good calcium source. A few a day may keep the vet away. I wish my Lucky would eat them.

Phoenix worms are very good and high in calcium. My guy loves them as well! You should definitely mix in some variety, and also because phoenix worms are very small to begin with. I like to keep it balanced by providing both hard and soft-bodied feeders.

should i dust them if they're high in calcium?

should i dust them if they're high in calcium?

No, you do not have to dust phoenix worms since they are already high in calcium. Feeders such as crickets, roaches, mealworms need calcium dusting to balance out the higher level of phosphorus that's already in them. Silkworms, hornworms, phoenix worms, butterworms are pretty rich in calcium so it is not necessary. I usually dust all hard bodied feeders, and feed the soft ones as normal. What are your current supplements? If none, then I would follow MSMorgan's link and get him started on some right away.

Yea I decided three a day mixing in 3 crickets every 3 days is what I'm gonna do till after Christmas since my local pet store is closing next week and with family coming in I can't keep too many feeders around

Back
Top Bottom