How often do Veiled lay eggs?

boondyke69

Established Member
Simone laid an infertile clutch of 37 eggs on Sept 19, I looked at her over the weekend & she seems well, but darker & grouchier than usual & she has a bump above & slightly behind her rear leg. Is this an egg? I forgot to take a pic, but will tonight, I put her laying bin back in this AM just in case.
How often do they lay eggs?

Thanks

The first link suggestes no basking light but a double tube fixture with a uvb bulb & a regular tube florescent. is this best? she likes to sit under her basking bulb, a 60w soft light bulb, but she also sits under the 5.0 UVB light (alternating between the 2)
I'll see how she is doing tonight & find my double tube fixture. I'll est them so it is in the low 80's in the warmest spots.
I'll also take a pic or 2 & post them.

Thanks!

If the chameleon is laying infertile eggs then the cycle should be about every 120 or so days...but things are not written in stone with chameleons.

OK so after a panic, She looked the usual when I got home. But I am replacing the fixture with the double bulb one. What wattage do you usually use for the regular bulb?

Back
Top Bottom