How Much Would You Pay For An Enclosure?

I find this thread interesting as I came to the Cham hobby from reefkeeping (still keep multiple large reef tanks). To tell the truth, keeping the Chams has been a huge money saver for me!!

To the original question, I figure each new set up runs about $250 for a 2x4 screen cage. The good news is as you go to multiples, the cost decreases as I can spread the cost of some things like the Mist king, 4' lighting fixtures, feeders, etc....

Again, figuring that I probably have 50k in reef tanks, this has become my 'cheap' hobby!!

It is addicting however.

Bobby

My first and only (for now) setup cost well over $500, not counting cham and consumables. Plants, vines, cage, water system, automation, light bulbs and fixtures. If I were to get another, I would do many things different ( I built my setup) but I imagine it would cost approximately the same

Caging: 350

Lighting: 225

Heating: 125

Misting: 150

Fogging: 100

Automation: 450

Incubation: 500

Total: 1950

Watching a big blue chameleon suck down a Hornworm... PRICELESS

LOL Couldn't resist.

O.K., I was going to put together the list and show a pic of my boy at the end... but you saved me the trouble! So I will give a serious answer. (Me? Really?!?) I would say that because of the location I decided on keeping the enclosure (great room) it drove the cost way up. I would say with lighting, misting, (soon to be drainage), red oak lumber, etc. the starting price for my enclosure would be about $1,400 to $1,500. O.K., now I don't feel so good:eek:. He He.;) It could have cost a lot more or a lot less depending on the supplies used.

Oh I don't wanna add up what went into my setup...might make me a little nauseated! I like to think around $200 or less per cage without cham. I find some awesome deals on craigslist and I use branches from outdoors for most of the furnishings and the nursery had a plant sale where I scored some great deals. So those help. Now that I took the plunge with the MistKing and have to expand it's another decent investment just for more nozzles!

Back
Top Bottom