How much should a panther cost?

rachelk

I was at petland (they should be shut down for supplying puppy mill puppies) the other day and they had a tiny baby panther chameleon that was $300.00. That seems like a lot to me but I only have a veiled and was just wondering? I know pet stores are usually always over priced on their chameleons anyway..

300.00 isn't horrible depending on bloodlines and sources, and variety of panther chameleon.

Pet stores up the prices, so obviously you know they didn't pay that prices. if you are going to pay 300.00 for a panther chameleon, then it would be best to buy through one of the proven breeders on the forums.,

the employee working in the reptile section told me it was a rare blue panther, it was so young, how could you really tell at that age? I'm sure he was just trying to sell it?

We have a pet store too (as I said is another thread) that sells puppy mill pups the upwards of 350$.. Ive never seen a cham in there but they only charge 14.99 for some 4 month old dead tokays!

blue would imply that it would be a nosy be. which 250.00-500 wouldn't be unheard of,but as i said, if you are going to buy an animal please do so from a proven breeder.

If how you feel about the store's puppies reflects on the store, the panther may not be worth that. Personally I have and will again pay that and more for a nice panther. There is one store locally from which I would buy one at that price, as I believe they would know and accurately report its true lineage and that I'd be buying an animal properly cared for. I sold two panther chameleons to this petstore myself some years back. I got $200 for the female and $300 for the male, and the store marked them up considerably yet they sold quickly. However Most any other pet store, I would doubt everything told me and expect to receive a less than top quality animal, thus pay a less than top price.

Back
Top Bottom