How much on average should a veiled chameleon eat per day?

Kamila

Hi, i wanted to ask how much food should a veiled chameleon (around 7-8 months old) eat? My chameleon doesn't eat that much compared to how much he would love to eat as when whe was younger, right now he eats around 2 dubia roaches and 3 crickets, and on occasion a treat like a mealworm which i don't think is alot even though i give him however much he'll eat and I've heard how other chameleons gladly eat up to 15 crickets a day maybe it depends on size i am aware that over time that you should start giving them less food and not however much he'll eat should i start reducing his food? I am giving him however much he'll eat right now and he looks perfectly healthy so i know it might be dumb to ask this question. Currently i feed him as a staple many types of crickets and dubia roaches as those are the easiest to get where i live and i tried feeding him locusts but he ate one and after that he refuses to eat any more. Thank you for the help :)

If it's definitely a male, just feed him enough that he isn't fat or thin...likely about 3 or 4 crickets every second day...or equal calories using other insects.

This might help...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/02MarDonoghue.html
so was definitely over feeding my chameleon and i didn't know... but i have been researching for a few days now and i think i have a good plan i just want to make sure. i have a male veiled chameleon i think he is between 8 months and a year but im not 100% sure anyways im going to start feeding him 3 crickets and 1 Dubai roach every other day and 1 horn worm every 2 days. does that sound ok?

so was definitely over feeding my chameleon and i didn't know... but i have been researching for a few days now and i think i have a good plan i just want to make sure. i have a male veiled chameleon i think he is between 8 months and a year but im not 100% sure anyways im going to start feeding him 3 crickets and 1 Dubai roach every other day and 1 horn worm every 2 days. does that sound ok?
I think this is a lot of horn worms if I'm being honest, I've heard inky a few a week

If you post a thread you can get direct feedback on your cham. Include pics of him in your thread. from the front of the casque and the side.

Typically depending on size and weight we are reducing to 2-3 feeders every other day or 3 days a week once they hit 9-12 months. It just depends on where they are weight wise.

If you post a thread you can get direct feedback on your cham. Include pics of him in your thread. from the front of the casque and the side.

Typically depending on size and weight we are reducing to 2-3 feeders every other day or 3 days a week once they hit 9-12 months. It just depends on where they are weight wise.
ok. i would post a thread but im new and im not sure how.

Back
Top Bottom