How much do they trust you?

boosh96

What I kinda want to do is see how trusting everyone's chameleons are. Can you give your chameleon's name and species, and how much it trusts you?

I'll start-my only chameleon's name is Handsome Jack, he's a Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus, and he trusts me about as much as I think he ever will. He happily eats out of my hands, but he doesn't like to be taken off of his plant and held. When he used to take field trips off of his setup, he'd climb up onto my finger, but that's about as willing as he got. What about you all?

My Jax Xanth Ferdinand trusts me about as much as I could possibly hope for. He will eat out of my hands and happily uses me as transportation. If I'm sitting quietly on the floor reading or working, he will usually climb on me. He takes being picked up well, but I try to let him call the shots.

Mostly, I can't trust HIM. Turn your back for one second, and he's getting into something he shouldn't :D

It's the same with Handsome Jack-I just let him call the shots. I don't force him to do anything he doesn't want to. Except if he decided to take a field trip, in which case I'd coax him onto and off of my finger and let him take his sweet time.

Right now I have three Meller's (T. melleri), Guinevere, Charlotte, and Thaddeus. I've had Guin the longest, and when I rescued her she was in really terrible shape, with all sorts of infections brewing. It took us 6 months, about, to get her healthy again and the entire time I needed to manhandle her to give her meds, wash out her mouth, etc.

We're at the point now, again, where she is back to trusting me instead of thinking I'm going to hurt her. So she'll hand-feed eagerly, walk over to me to watch me do something (they all free range), and will climb onto my hand if I scoop her up.

Thad and Charlotte do not trust me that way yet. Thad is a recent WC and Charlotte is a LTC, so while they both hand feed well Charlotte is more comfortable with me in their room than Thad is. However, both dislike being held still.

I think the other two will continue to relax with me as time goes by, but the only one I would say really trusts me is Guinevere.

I have a panther that trusts me a lot.

He walks to his cage door when I enter his room and usually runs right out on my hand. He knows I am his transportation to bigger plants that he can explore.

However, he was scared of me when I first got him. It took about three months to go from puffing up when my hand went near him to running right on it.

I sometimes think my one year old panther trusts me too much! I have to watch myself when he is free-ranging- if I get too close he launches himself at me. Recently he grabbed a hunk of my hair as I walked by his ficus and held on like a vine. I looked down at my shoulder and he is hanging on with two hands trying to hook my sweater with his back feet. My six month old veiled plays a little harder to get. He loves to get out of his cage to free-range but definitely does not want to hang out on my arm. The minute he is given the opportunity, he is off my hand like a flash. :)

I have a Veiled and a Panther both are around the 1 year old mark. My Veiled is trusting and knows the only way out of the cage is onto the hand. In the sunny warm weather there is more incentive to go onto me because he can get a trip outside to the sun. My Veiled will have none of that and I have never handled him except when Imopened the Tupperware container to let him out from shipping :( he does eat from metal tongs though so at least I can see him eat :) I have to say though I really enjoy my panther because I like to see him free range which I cant do with my veiled so on the trust scale 1-10 my panther is an 8 and my veiled is a 3

Kimani is a 2 year old veiled, who I've had since he was 6 weeks old. He's still scared of me, but has started not running frantically and launching himself at the back of the cage, so there's some improvement. He's hand-fed once.

Kosby is a 1 1/2 year old panther who can't get enough of me - climbing out to be on me, and riding to go to the lanai where he enjoys ficus time on his tree. He hand-feeds regularly, but prefers to climb out on me rather than eating, so I have to regulate it.

Keeley is a 1 year old panther female who is starting to trust me. She still turns dark and gapes when I pick her up, but she settles right down when I put her in a free-ranging tree. She has never hand-fed, but I feel it's on the horizon for her.

I have a Panther chameleon and he hand feeds everyday also when i get home from school and i open the cage he comes running to me and climbs on my arm for about 15min and he also never hisses at me and likes to lick me with his tong lol

I have a panther who hand feeds/drinks, as soon as I'm home he's on the door of his reptibreeze (his way of saying I want out now) as soon as I open the door he's out, up my arm and perched on top of my head. I also have a hissy, grouchy, bad tempered fire spitting monster of a Yemen who refuses me entry to his repti, kitten soft when he's out, but doesn't really like to leave his safe haven.

My Roman is a panther. He is always willing to run out as soon as the cage opens but I am merely a bridge lol once and a while he will go to my shoulder and just hang out, but mostly he goes up one arm and down the other looking for a way off.. He has no issue hand feeding and never really has since he was 3 months old lol
I recently cut my hair and it took about two days before he would even come near me again lol he also is very cautious if I'm wearing a hood but other then that he is very mello! I have only seen him fired up twice in the 5 months I've had him once around 4 months old and recently at the vet.

Back
Top Bottom