how much calcium to give my 6 month old

julies liam

hi i have bought exo terra calcium + D3 how much and how often would i have to give to my new 6 month old panther chameleon please help :confused:

i do mine twice a month.

I gut load my feeder crickets with carrots, potatoes, squash, and now the Flunkers high calcium cricket diet, sold at most pet stores. So i dont really dust with Calcium as much.

i do mine twice a month.

I gut load my feeder crickets with carrots, potatoes, squash, and now the Flunkers high calcium cricket diet, sold at most pet stores. So i dont really dust with Calcium as much.
so i would only have to do twice a month?

I would recommend twice a month WITH the D3 in it. Just calcium WITHOUT D3 should be lightly dusted every other day or 3 times a week. if you're not gut loading with calcium supplements.

i dont no what gut loading is lol sorry to be a pain

It simply means to feed your crickets with veggies, or some sort of nutritious food that when your chameleon eats the "gutloaded" cricket he will get the benefit of the veggies or nutrition inside the cricket.

Its best to put the food(veggies) in your cricket container 4 hour before feeding. As it will still be raw and nutritious for your chameleon.

hope that helps

dry ingredient list:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/bbprinting/822-where-find-all-these-dry-gutload-ingredients.html

arrr brill thank you very much wat veg do u give ur crickets? and how much?

I just do carrots, potatoes, and squash. There are a lot of veggies you can do. Just search around to make sure they're safe for your chameleon, It depends on how many crickets you have to feed. I have about 1000 crickets which i do a whole potato sliced up, and about 10 baby carrots, and half a squash sliced up.

Hi Julie's Liam, welcome to the forum. You need plain calcium daily. Calcium with d3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month. Feeding feeders with d3 is not the same as dusting feeders with it as it is broken down before it reaches your Cham. Good gut loading will make your feeders more nutritious. You will get loads of info by reading Sandrachameleon's blogs.:)

If you want you can use the Repashy Calcium + (LOD version). You can dust this on your feeders a couple times a week. its calcium and vitamins all in one. You should still do your regular calcium supplement daily/every other day.

This is just an alternative, you can still dust d3 2x a month and multivitamins 2x a month if you want. But what I have noticed is a lot of experienced cham owners are using Repashy Calcium +, this is all preference though, I know the rep-cal brands are still good too.

Look at Sandrachameleons food Diary's for her chameleons(blogs), read her other blogs too. This will give you a good idea of how to supplement if you gutload well.

A lot of people on this forum trust her knowledge.

Hope this helps a little, I was totally confused until I did tons of research.

Back
Top Bottom