how many dubia for 2.5 month old panther?

thacarter

I have a 2.5 month old panther and i have read that they are supposed to eat about 8-10 pinhead crix per day. I am feeding mine small roach nymphs. I have had him since wednesday and he is eating anywhere from 2-4 roach nymphs per day. is this enough? i try feeding him more but he doesnt seem like he wants more. i have some in a container in the cage at all times that he could eat if he wanted but i havent noticed him eating them or seen any missing. i bought some crix too but the pet store didnt have any really small ones so the ones i bought are too big. I am just starting to get worried because he is so small and i just want him to start to get bigger.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male 2.5 month old ambanja panther
Handling - only had since wednesday, so none really
Feeding - small dubia nymphs, i try feeding whenever i can, always roaches in a glad container to eat but not sure if he has seen/knows how to eat out of it. The only time i see him eating is when i have "stick fed" or aimed a feeder his way
Supplements - I have the repcal 3 supplements, weekdays calcium w/o d3, saturday with d3, every other sunday i will give the multivitamin
Watering - Mistking, 3 four minute mistings, 3 1.5 minute mistings in between long mists, dripper during the day, i have seen him drink water droplets from leaves and "shower" under the nozzle during mistings
Fecal Description - very tiny, once per day
History - just got him on wednesday, came from Chameleons 101

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x18x36, screen
Lighting - reptisun 5.0 tube, 75 watt incandescent for heat, on at 9am, off at 11pm
Temperature - bottom =67, basking = 85 Lowest overnight temp = 65 How do you measure these temps = accurite digital thermometer
Humidity - anywhere from 60%-80%-"HIGH"
Plants - live ficus and umbrella tree
Placement - in corner of my bedroom, highest point is about 6 ft
Location - Michigan

Current Problem - No real problem, just not sure if he is eating enough (2-4 roach nymphs per day

How big are the nymphs? Sometimes it takes a week or two after they get to your home to really start eating a lot.

Also, with repcal supps, that is a bit too much d3. The repcal brand d3 should only be used twice a month.

How big are the nymphs? Sometimes it takes a week or two after they get to your home to really start eating a lot.

Also, with repcal supps, that is a bit too much d3. The repcal brand d3 should only be used twice a month.

ok thanks! the nymphs are really small, pretty much the smallest I can find in my colony, they are just about the size of the distance between the eyes lengthwise, he is pretty tiny, not sure if he is small in comparison to others his age, just small in general. I want him to start eating out of the glad container but all I really care is that he is eating enough, he gets scared when i try to feed after he already ate one, but its the only way ive seen him eat

It took my new arrival a full two weeks to become comfortable in his new home. So your guy might just take off on eating here soon.

Back
Top Bottom