How many dubia colonies?

Chino82

In October 2022 I started with 100XL dubias. After some die off and getting rid of extra males I have roughly 30 females and 20 males. I have so many nymphs and estimate in the next couple weeks I should start having a constant supply to feed. When should I split this colony or start a new one? By the end of the year my original breeders will probably start dying off.

Currently feeding two panther chameleons and several geckos.

Attachments

• 94D41EF3-1C0F-47E8-94D8-D444DAA7642C.jpeg
    94D41EF3-1C0F-47E8-94D8-D444DAA7642C.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 56
In October 2022 I started with 100XL dubias. After some die off and getting rid of extra males I have roughly 30 females and 20 males. I have so many nymphs and estimate in the next couple weeks I should start having a constant supply to feed. When should I split this colony or start a new one? By the end of the year my original breeders will probably start dying off.

Currently feeding two panther chameleons and several geckos.
I always have 2 bins. One with breeders dated with age. Every 2-3 days I pull babies to put in feeder bin. I also need different size feeders for various size reptiles When adults approach one year I let some babies get bigger and restart the breeders with them. Old ones feed off

Back
Top Bottom