How many Cigarette smokers are here?

I tried quiting sooo many times.. I've been smoking since i was 15, i quit when i was 21. i know i wasnt smoking for like 25-40 years+!!! lol but i still was a VERY HEAVY SMOKER, almost 3 packs a day is insane to most smokers lol. i got addicted to table tennis and decided enough was enough, plus i have asthema haha.. btw- if you quit smoking you better find something active to do because eating is another habit that comes into play after you quit smoking.

chantix didnt work for me, mad me angry as hell. the patch worked for me though, i used the crap out of it too. i used the strongest dose for a lot longer than supposed to.

i've been clean for almost.. hmm idk actually.. maybe 1.75 years.. you can do it!!! (water boy)

I've been smoking for 23 years now. I did quit for a year and a half a while back but started right back up. It's something I enjoy. I'm sure one of these days I'll quit again, but for now I'll just think of it as I'm cutting off my nursing home years.

I've been smoking for 23 years now. I did quit for a year and a half a while back but started right back up. It's something I enjoy. I'm sure one of these days I'll quit again, but for now I'll just think of it as I'm cutting off my nursing home years.

lol or possibly adding years to spending time in the hospital etc... or a lot younger depending if you come down with a bad case of lung cancer etc. good luck dude, its better to quit than to enjoy it.

lol or possibly adding years to spending time in the hospital etc... or a lot younger depending if you come down with a bad case of lung cancer etc. good luck dude, its better to quit than to enjoy it.

I fully agree it is better to quit. I actually considered the chantix, but I know several people that were on it and had "behavioral changes" while taking it. I just don't know if I have it in me right now to go through the quitting process. Eventually I'll come to realize that if I quit and put the money aside I can get the Parsons I dream of in no time at all.

Yah I figured it up and I only smoked a half pack a day so that was like 3 packs a week or $15 bucks but now its my feeder money.

money's the driving force that keeps telling me I should quit right now. but then i'll have that rare day where i'm at work without cigarettes, and my train of thought immediately changes to, "screw this, i'm never quitting!"

money's the driving force that keeps telling me I should quit right now. but then i'll have that rare day where i'm at work without cigarettes, and my train of thought immediately changes to, "screw this, i'm never quitting!"

You can't live a good life if you hate your job man.

Just a couple of things to mention from various points throughout this thread...

1. You think Wendy's Baconator is bad, try the Heart Attack Grill here in Tempe.

2. Smoking hookah is worse for your health than smoking cigarettes. Google it.

3. In the words of Syn from a while back, "quitting smoking won't save you money, you'll live longer!" :) Haha. I love that one.

Quitting as my new years resolution :) Funny though ... my doctor actually told me 3 months ago that I wasn't allowed to quit because of my anxiety ... true story

These products are a very good thing.

Although they are sill addictive, they are much less harmful then smoking a real cigarette.

Also, hand to mouth contact definitely is a factor when talking about cigarette addictions, and anyone who smokes knows that. Those actions are psychologically addictive. This product allows you to mimic the actions of smoking and still get the nicotine, without the other 3000 some-odd chemicals in regular smokes. Which is undeniably a great improvement.

I smoke. Really only socially but I'm always around friends lol. I'm thinking I wanna make this my new years rez to quit. I know I can do it c: I did it once and was good for like six months but I just fellright back into it.

They sell those nicotine-less cigs at the mall and their pretty cool. They have different flavors lol. Maybe I could buy one just to try it out in conjunction with the gum chewing c:

But you have to charge them and you feel all hella gay "hold on guys let go charge my cig" lmfao

I quit over 4 years ago cold turkey. Those online quit-smoking calculators helped me maintain my discipline; for a while I was looking at the updates 100+ times a day. I wish everyone who tries to quit the best of luck.

I have now stopped smoking for 4 years, 4 months, 9 hours, 9 minutes, 5 seconds. That translates into 39,559 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $11,867.86! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes, 39 seconds.

I quit over 4 years ago cold turkey. Those online quit-smoking calculators helped me maintain my discipline; for a while I was looking at the updates 100+ times a day. I wish everyone who tries to quit the best of luck.

I have now stopped smoking for 4 years, 4 months, 9 hours, 9 minutes, 5 seconds. That translates into 39,559 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $11,867.86! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes, 39 seconds.

:D:cool:...Thats wassup!!!

Thats friggin cool Brad. I never knew they had online calculators to tell you how many more days you'd have based on quitting smoking. Now thats true incentive.

I smoke. Really only socially but I'm always around friends lol. I'm thinking I wanna make this my new years rez to quit. I know I can do it c: I did it once and was good for like six months but I just fellright back into it.

They sell those nicotine-less cigs at the mall and their pretty cool. They have different flavors lol. Maybe I could buy one just to try it out in conjunction with the gum chewing c:

But you have to charge them and you feel all hella gay "hold on guys let go charge my cig" lmfao
Thats my new years resolution too

HAHAHAHAHAA, :D:D:D now that is a device to quit with.

I remember a similar device when I was a kid. I used to get them off of the ice cream truck. Really cheap for a pack. You could blow out stuff that looked like smoke but wasn't. No nicotine. Only real difference is they were one time use but you could chew them after you were done smoking them. Flavors weren't that great but it was better than the taste of a real cigarette.

Oh my GOSH! I remember those! It was gum with powdered sugar in it or something, all you had to do was blow into the "cigarette" and it looked like smoke. Lol! Man that was a long time ago...:)

I hate real cigs.

I know this is an older thread but it's interesting... :)

blahsklhr. I don't like hearing people say quit. I know some people can seriously quit for the rest of their lives, but for the majority of people they are just taking a break. :( Taking a break until something tempts them back. Don't say quit unless you really mean it.

Back
Top Bottom