How long will chameleons live without food?

l0ve_0ner

My baby veiled chameleon will not eat. It’s been almost 3 days. I’ve done everything correctly. I just want to know if he will allow himself to die of starvation or will he be smart enough to know that he needs food and eat what I’m giving him. :( I added a photo but seconds before that he was BLACK as hell. He is interesting... he will go from bright green to jet black in seconds.... I made another post, that had more info on my whole setup situation. In that post I had a female, but I gave the female to my boyfriend and got myself a male now. I also updated the light fixture per recommended and I also took out the heat emitter. I feel like I’m doing everything I can, and I just don’t want him to die. I could really use some reassurance :(

Attachments

• 749BCA7D-0045-4DCB-9D90-FC5F94089DA0.jpeg
    749BCA7D-0045-4DCB-9D90-FC5F94089DA0.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 71
At that size he should be eating daily.
Try some wingless fruit flies. He ma be more use to it.

Black is I am terrified. Maybe more privacy for a while.

I can’t give much reassurance on how long he can go with out food.

I have 2 1/2 month old babies, I hardly ever see them “eat” but the tiny roaches disappear and I know they can’t climb out. They are still very shy.
If I a still for a while I see them pick off fruit flies, I make sure there are always plenty available.

I only saw black once when the male climbed on their cage. Jet black and curled up on the ground, you could not even see them in the leaf litter.
Interesting, but scared me at the time, I thought they died. They stayed that way till the next day.

Back
Top Bottom