How long does female stay receptive

Sharon12

Established Member
My 7mon old female veiled has been showing the blue etc colors of receptivity for weeks- see photo. No male in sight. I have kept food and temp on low side as would like to keep her from laying often if possible or at least small clutches. She has reduced interest in her crickets too. What should I be expecting here? I thought she would cycle out of these colors? When would she lay? She is my first chameleon so help appreciated. She weighs 106 g. Are these receptive colors? Not sure what adult female nonreceptive looks like

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_191009.jpg
    IMG_20191011_191009.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 182
Yes, those are her receptive colors. She’s beautiful btw. :love: I believe the receptive phase lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. About 3-4 weeks after that, she’ll be laying her eggs. They do have their own timelines though. Make sure you have her lay bin all set up and in her enclosure from now so that she can get used to it.

Wow! What a beautiful girl! Each chameleon can be different but my girls usually stay receptive around 3 weeks. Once they pass the receptive stage, if they are going to lay, it’s usually around 30 days after being receptive. Keep a close eye on her weight and if it starts going up then she’s probably going to lay. Sometimes they absorb the folicals. I’d recommend a little extra calcium without d3.

Forgot to add...my veiled when not in her cycle weighs around 74 grams. They don’t need a male to get receptive or gravid.
Non-receptiveView attachment 249138

ReceptiveView attachment 249139
Thank you! She does have her lay bin in her cage as a permanent fixture. Great photos of a pretty girl. Now I see the difference between color states. I looked all over the internet to understand the difference but couldnt find anything. Thanks again. I am hoping for no eggs but we'll see. She was 78 g at the vet 1.5 months ago but vet said she had more growth before mature.

Back
Top Bottom