how long can he endure?

element1998

my veiled chameleons reti-sun 5.0 died on me and i just orderd a replacement from llc retiles he is 6 months old and doing great im asking because the shipping says 5 to eight days which would put him without uvb max for 9 days currently he has a uva bulb for basking,will he be ok for the week until a replacement bulb comes? i will take him outside to bask for a few hours several times this week i live in southern louisiana and its hot and humid down here already,thank you for all replies

hell be fine:) natural sunlight provides UVB and is alot better than artificial so take him out to bask as often as you can and you wil see him starting to enjoy it

I think as long as the temps are fine he will be okay natural sunlight is even better for him than artifical light maybe next time have a spare one just in case it happens again

No we have a PetSmart and one exotics store hear in the area but they only carrt exo-terra and flukers bulbs the delivery will be on the 8th it was just confirmed ive had him outside twice for several hours but i never handle him and think i will leave him be until delivery he is still eating drinking and acting normal, all fecal matter and urates are good hes still being supplemented, just had to go one week without a uvb bulb but i dont think it will cause any lasting harm and i did order two as the above poster suggested

Back
Top Bottom