How high is too high?

Here's a wide view of the enclosure in the plant and critter room!
20210717_152151.jpg

your room looks so pretty and so does your enclosure!
Thank you! The one stipulation I had from my wife was that the enclosure needed to look nice. I actually stole a chair from a dining room set that is her "color" and had it paint matched at Lowes. That is the color I used to paint the sides and back panels.

Watched a video on the YouTube channel Neptune the Chameleon last night where subscribers enclosures were critiqued. Made me realize I needed more branches higher up so that is done! I still need to work on the branching but the plan is to get a juvenile and once he grows up I'm going to need to replace some of the smaller branches eventually and at that point I can do some more at the top third of the cage.
20210718_110327.jpg
20210718_110307.jpg

Also got the full throttle feeder set up. I had it lower and one suggestion was to get it up higher. As you can see in the bottom of the photo I had to cut a branch down to do so. Instead of disassembling the whole left side I used a small hand saw and spent about a half hour carefully cutting it down. It looks like the plant is covering the cup but it's not as much as it looks like in the picture. I'll just have to keep the leaves trimmed there and let it grow up and to the right.
20210718_110248.jpg

20210718_100804.jpg

Also got the full throttle feeder set up. I had it lower and one suggestion was to get it up higher. As you can see in the bottom of the photo I had to cut a branch down to do so. Instead of disassembling the whole left side I used a small hand saw and spent about a half hour carefully cutting it down. It looks like the plant is covering the cup but it's not as much as it looks like in the picture. I'll just have to keep the leaves trimmed there and let it grow up and to the right.View attachment 305820
View attachment 305819
Great job adding more branches. Now take a look at my cup... See how I have branches leading right up to it. You want this especially with a baby. They need to be able to get close enough to easily shoot at feeders. Beman says hi lol

IMG_6405.jpg

Well minor set back. Went into the bottom of the cabinet this morning and found it wet. The bulkhead was leaking.
Got about a half turn on the outside nut but still leaking. I took the unit out and emptied it and then tried the inside nut. Got a full turn on it. I've had it setting with water in it for almost 2 hours and not a drop so far. I have the wood platform and shelf out in the sun to dry and I'll hook it up later and see what happens.

Well minor set back. Went into the bottom of the cabinet this morning and found it wet. The bulkhead was leaking.
Got about a half turn on the outside nut but still leaking. I took the unit out and emptied it and then tried the inside nut. Got a full turn on it. I've had it setting with water in it for almost 2 hours and not a drop so far. I have the wood platform and shelf out in the sun to dry and I'll hook it up later and see what happens.
Make sure you do not over tighten as well because this can cause them to leak. There is a happy middle lol.

Tonight will be the first "test" run of night time humidity. I have it going off 3 times between 11pm and 4 am and then for a short 30 seconds at 6:45 which is 15 minutes before lights on. I have two Govee temp/humidity monitors in the enclosure one in thevtop third and one in the bottom third. I will be able to look at the daily history graph to see if I can maintain enough humidity at night or if I need to get a fogger.

The Sansi LED plant lights are on another level! On paper the difference is 96 watts for the 4 HO T5 bulbs compared to 140 watts for the 2 Sansi fixtures. There is a lot more light than the 44 watt difference would indicate.
20210724_122858.jpg
20210724_122845.jpg

Going to have to re-check the temps and humidity now. The other nice thing about the Sansi fixtures is that they are way smaller than the Vivosun 4 bulb fixture. Considering there are 2 of the Sansi fixtures even combined they are close to half the size of the florescent fixture with 40 watts more light. That means more open screen top for airflow.

Back
Top Bottom