How high is too high?

I was looking at those earlier on Amazon. Is one like that enough for a 2x2x4 enclosure? It would seem like it according to the output.

Mistking arrived. Retrofitting commencing!
20210710_115754.jpg
20210710_115931.jpg

20210710_115705.jpg

I figure this is enough of a drop for the gravity feed requirement?
I have a full drop with it sitting below the shelf so I do not know. Try it and see if it works. Make sure you bleed the line though by disconnecting the tube from the nozzle at the top and pushing the up arrow to activate the pump. This will push all the air out. Then stop the pump and quickly plug back into the nozzle. activate the pump again and it should spray correctly.

I figure this is enough of a drop for the gravity feed requirement?
Yes, the drop is sufficient. (y)
I hope the fittings don't interfere with the gravity flow (they're usually under pressure), but I expect you've tested that.

Observation: In pic #2, if that's the drain bucket in the back, it could be a PITA to empty. Locating it in front of the pump might be easier. IME, I've had to empty the bucket regularly, but I've yet to need to access the pump (just the timer, which I think you said will be in the drawer(?))

Alternatively, it looks like there may be enough room to put the drainage bucket on top of the reservoir.

Someone said it only needs a couple of inches at least. One of the ideas was to make it so I could pull the whole assembly out for (possible) service. I realized I'm going to need a cut off valve too. I think I'm going to want to one of the zip drip connections too.

Yes, the drop is sufficient. (y)
I hope the fittings don't interfere with the gravity flow (they're usually under pressure), but I expect you've tested that.

Observation: In pic #2, if that's the drain bucket in the back, it could be a PITA to empty. Locating it in front of the pump might be easier. IME, I've had to empty the bucket regularly, but I've yet to need to access the pump (just the timer, which I think you said will be in the drawer(?))

Alternatively, it looks like there may be enough room to put the drainage bucket on top of the reservoir.
Good point about the bucket. I left a good amount of tubing so I should have enough to get it to the front.

Someone said it only needs a couple of inches at least. One of the ideas was to make it so I could pull the whole assembly out for (possible) service. I realized I'm going to need a cut off valve too. I think I'm going to want to one of the zip drip connections too.
So they really do not drip. Maybe a few drops and that is it.

I just set mine up yesterday. I have both my water reservoir and my pump sitting on the floor with no problems at all. I don’t have the reservoir higher, I didn’t remember til now that I’m supposed to. It works just fine anyway.

A herpstat is a great idea if your wanting to get more high tech and spend extra money. ;)
I have one setup for my Crested Gecko tank actually. Definitely something to think about! The only thing I wondered about was the probe and wire. Just so small chams don't use it to get up too close to the top.

The little seen, often talked about, top of the cage.
View attachment 304930
Well I field tested the Mistking and made sure it doesn't leak anywhere. So far so good, but I realized that I really need some extra parts. In looking at it I realize I'm probably going to want two nozzles instead of just one. I ordered a second nozzle and a zip drip attachment from Josh's Frogs. Don't see any reason to hook it all up now and have to take it apart to install the second nozzle so I'll just wait until next weekend at this point!

Mistking done! Shelf so that the drain bucket can more easily be emptied. Thanks for that suggestion! It is hard to tell but I can open the top and pour water into the reservoir without a problem. Second picture is the drawer where all the electrical is.
20210717_151058.jpg
20210717_151034.jpg

Shot of the nozzles. You can also see the Arcadia uvb bulb. I did get a separate fixture for it. Also have a 70 watt Sansi plant light coming next week. Decided to swap out the Vivosun fixture. Nothing wrong with it except the size.

20210717_151140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom