how far?

Which light? What type of chameleon? What type of fixture and what is the bulb strength?
- zoo med self ballasted lamp
- veiled chameleon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 88
- zoo med self ballasted lamp
- veiled chameleon
So you need a totally different UVB fixture and bulb. Your using a compact bulb. They do not push the uvb far enough away. The cham would literally have to be sitting right below the bulb a few inches away to get the correct UVI level. which is dangerous if your using a double dome with heat in the other side because of thermal burn risk.

You want a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 linear bulb for it. With this fixture the basking level is placed parallel to the fixture 9 inches below it.

Without the correct UVB lighting chams develop MBD. THis is a particularly horrible thing for them to go through and requires quite a bit of Vet care.

So you need a totally different UVB fixture and bulb. Your using a compact bulb. They do not push the uvb far enough away. The cham would literally have to be sitting right below the bulb a few inches away to get the correct UVI level. which is dangerous if your using a double dome with heat in the other side because of thermal burn risk.

You want a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 linear bulb for it. With this fixture the basking level is placed parallel to the fixture 9 inches below it.

Without the correct UVB lighting chams develop MBD. THis is a particularly horrible thing for them to go through and requires quite a bit of Vet care.
Do you recommend this for all chams for just veileds?

it's a day light a

yes it came in the chameleon starter kit when i had her
You have to get a T5HO linear fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb. This fixture should run the width of the enclosure. and should sit on the top screen with basking 9 inches below the fixture itself for the cham to get the correct UVB. The compact bulb you are using for UVB will not provide the correct uvb for the cham and it will develop MBD.

I suggest you do the husbandry program at this link https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

You have to get a T5HO linear fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb. This fixture should run the width of the enclosure. and should sit on the top screen with basking 9 inches below the fixture itself for the cham to get the correct UVB. The compact bulb you are using for UVB will not provide the correct uvb for the cham and it will develop MBD.

I suggest you do the husbandry program at this link https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
is this one good for my cham?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 6.47.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 6.47.45 PM.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 89
Nevermind... I just went to look at the product... Yes that will work. It comes with a 5.0 UVB bulb so the closest branch below this fixture should be 9 inches away. Make sure you get the one that will go the full width of the final cage you will have.

Back
Top Bottom