How does your cham drink.

ashutt19

My Randal when ever i mist his cage sits there for about a minute. As soon as he gets nice and wet runs about 3/4 down his cage and waits for drops to pool on the screen and shoots them with his tongue when they fall and stop by him. He seems very healthy and hydrated. Always has white urates, and very active. Just curious to see how your chams drinks.

Andy

my babys always shoot their tongues at the water, but it seeems like he thinks its feeders intead IMO. not sure though because i don't see my babys drinking too much but my adult panthers drink off the screen and leaves. i used to have a massive dripper set up for all my chams but its just too much work to clean up all the water without ruining the hardwood floor. i might go back to drippers soon but thats only if I can figure out a perfect drainage system for the reptibreezes... its hard because i have plant pots on the bottom of the cage and the water usually just come out the sides of the cage...

Mine used to drink almost right from the dripper directly but now he's smarter or just lazy and will stand under the drops and allow it to roll down his face and he just licks it up. He will lick from the leaves every now and then as well

my babys always shoot their tongues at the water, but it seeems like he thinks its feeders intead IMO. not sure though because i don't see my babys drinking too much but my adult panthers drink off the screen and leaves. i used to have a massive dripper set up for all my chams but its just too much work to clean up all the water without ruining the hardwood floor. i might go back to drippers soon but thats only if I can figure out a perfect drainage system for the reptibreezes... its hard because i have plant pots on the bottom of the cage and the water usually just come out the sides of the cage...

I drilled a couple holes in the bottom of my reptibreeze. I have a flower pot in the bottom, which warps it enough that the water collects in the middle and drains out. I raised the cage enough to slide containers underneath to catch the water. Just have to remember to empty it before it overflows :p.

My Randal when ever i mist his cage sits there for about a minute. As soon as he gets nice and wet runs about 3/4 down his cage and waits for drops to pool on the screen and shoots them with his tongue when they fall and stop by him. He seems very healthy and hydrated. Always has white urates, and very active. Just curious to see how your chams drinks.

Andy

mine all drink from drippers. most of them directly, but sometimes they prefer to lap at a leaf on which the drips fall

Monty HATES mist, but will bite wet leaves and shoot water off the ceiling of his cage when the dripper goes off.

My little jacksons will drink droplets off leaves and directly from the spray bottle. Recently it seems he is scared of the bottle though.

tray for reptibreeze

Hi, I have a extra large reptibreeze and found a tray on diycages dot com this week. It fits perfectly. I have my dripper going so it runs down the vines and pools in the middle, I have no substrate on the bottom so I can slide it out to dump water, the tray is 3 inches high. Not even the reptile store I shop at new they fit the cage. It is 23 and a quarter inches square , the same size as the tray that comes with the cage that is flat. I am going to drill holes in it , put a funnel underneath with a hose and have it drain into a bucket. I just bought a mist king so I had to do something, someone on this sight gave me the idea.

I hate to admit this, but I have. never seen Karmen drink since I got her. She has white urates so is hydrated although I have seen her attack the sprayer, pre adult hanging off the bottle. I used the old spray bottle and she just runs off

Mine shoots the leafs. BUT! Only when they are pretty much dried out with just a tiny bit of water on them, she escapes down in the cage during misting and comes back up when the cage is drying off -.- But she makes it somehow.

Frisco lets me squirt water directly into his mouth. Whenever I see him licking droplets off the screen I go over to the cage and squirt it in his mouth.

Luke loves his dripper. He'll shoot at the drips, shoot at the leaves it drips on, shoot right at the tube, and sit directly under it for 5-10 minutes at a time. Doesn't matter if its directly on his forehead or his back.

Adashek go get creative and figure something out. LLL has some really nice water pans that your enclosure might set directly in and then drain into a bucket kind of a thing.

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/-/24-x-24-x-48-screen-cage-water-tray/

Getting drippers back will help make your routine easier. Check out the thread on everyone's custom ideas.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/drainage-systems-cages-get-creative-102038/

Back
Top Bottom