How does he look?

ChamDE86

Avid Member
Hello, I've been looking to adopt a panther chameleon and would like to know if this one looks healthy? I keep telling myself that I see sunken eyes, but am not 100% positive.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

I would have to agree that the eyes appear to be slightly sunken. The bigger concern to me is that his front leg seems to have a bit of a bow to it. This would be a red flag to me that he has MBD and will need some help and good care to recover. Depending on the price he might be a good rescue.

Thank you for the quick reply, LP! It appears the seller is also getting rid of a few other animals as well, which leads me to believe that he did not give the chameleon proper care. It's about an hour and a half drive to get him and I am afraid that the drive back will cause more stress, along with being introduced into a new home. :(

He's young and his MBD is not terrible. He could be an excellent rescue. However, he's going to need to go to a vet so you can get what he needs to get his MBD under control. He will need all the proper lighting, vitamins, and good gut loaded bugs. Taking on a rescue is very rewarding, but when they have issues such as MBD there is little room for error. I have to drive and hour to my vet. The rides do not stress my guys out. I just keep them in a box that's rather dark. The most important thing would be to have his enlosure all set up before you brought him home. Have you decided to get him?

The posters above me have given very good advice and information. It looks like his eyes are a tiny bit sunken, but that could be fixed with proper hydration. He's showing early signs of MBD and with some extensive care and vet attention I think he could be an amazing rescue:)

I really appreciate the input! Still working out a deal with the seller and will update this thread if I do get him! Thanks again everyone :)

Looks like a strong MBD candidate. If you take him get him as much sunlight and well gut loaded food as you can.

Back
Top Bottom