how do they draw blood

Dawniegirl

Vet visit on friday for Diego and I'm pretty sure they will draw blood. I'm wondering how do they draw blood from the little fellow? Where do they draw it from? Also its his first vet visit and its because he's not well. What others test do you think they might do? Diego is 7 months old, his symptoms are closing eyes since I got him at 4month old and now he can't shoot his tongue out. TIA!!!

Mostly from the tail. Not to scare you but i have saw many times it will turn the tail black, i dont think it harms them

Thanks for replies. Yes that is scary, tail turning black, so thanks for the heads up. I would have panicked and thought his tail was gonna fall off. Hoping if that happens his tail will go back to normal. Thanks!!!

Black is basically a bruise for them. It's crazy how long they can have the black for.

Molly used to turn black where I would give her subQ fluids, but it only lasted a few minutes. Black is where they feel pain.

Hmm - not sure I agree there - My cham had an antibiotic injection in November and he's still got the black patch of discolouration.

Yea, mine was receiving shots of antibiotic for two weeks and had little black areas all over his shoulders and abdomen for weeks, nearly months. But they finally vanished and he's cured and looks flawless again. These bruises seem like they take forever to heal, but they do eventually.

Yea, mine was receiving shots of antibiotic for two weeks and had little black areas all over his shoulders and abdomen for weeks, nearly months. But they finally vanished and he's cured and looks flawless again. These bruises seem like they take forever to heal, but they do eventually.

Thanks! I will give the full update on Diego's vet visit, blood work, results, and the meds on Sunday or Monday. Since I'm writing this on my phone and it takes forever I will keep it short. Diego is on Antibiotics as well, he's on them for 3 weeks and getting the shots every three days in his legs, which I will be administering and alternating legs. So by the sounds of it it's possible we will have a couple bruised little leggy :( Glad to know that if it does happen its only temporary :)

I work at a Vet Office, When I did blood work on my girl, we tried to get the Tail first and we couldnt get it, then "if you know your cham well" I always noticed a vein on her rear leg, we were able to get it from there on her. Keep in mind "Every Cham is Different" this is just what we had to do on mine. Yes, it is possible for yur cham to briuse "Black Spot" in my case she did not. I wont harm your cham, it's just a black bruise for a while..and then go's away.

Wish You Luck!

~~Kayla

I work at a Vet Office, When I did blood work on my girl, we tried to get the Tail first and we couldnt get it, then "if you know your cham well" I always noticed a vein on her rear leg, we were able to get it from there on her. Keep in mind "Every Cham is Different" this is just what we had to do on mine. Yes, it is possible for yur cham to briuse "Black Spot" in my case she did not. I wont harm your cham, it's just a black bruise for a while..and then go's away.

Wish You Luck!

~~Kayla

Thanks, so far so good with the bruise thing. I posted an update on his vet visit also.

Back
Top Bottom