How do I tell if my female Veiled is pregnant

Wrxboxer2

I just bought her today and i don't know if she's pregnant or just kind of fat, her stomach feels really firm. I put the laying bin in her cage just in case, if she does lay eggs how do I know that she did, will the soil be mixed up or what. I'm not new to chameleons, I thought I knew everything to know but now I feel a little stressed, does she look pregnant? Thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 3,129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 1,016
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 1,119
I also mated her with my male to see what would happen, and she showed normal coloration, but when they were done she displayed dark colors in the picture shown, what exactly does that mean? Does everything look right?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 854
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 840
Im not to good at tell whether a cham is gravid or not but it looks like she might be showing gravid colors. If the eggs are far along you can feel them. I hear that is will feel like she is full of jelly beans.

She is definitely showing her Gravid colors. Chameleons will dig and make a nest to lay their eggs so if you see her digging leave her alone and don't get to close to her cage because she will get stressed and then get nervous and she won't lay her eggs because she is scared you're gonna be watching her. Also, if she doesn't lay her eggs then they will get backed up in her body and she will die.

Also does my female look Gravid
No she is not showing receptive colors and is not showing Gravid colors. Btw Receptive colors is where she's looking for a mate she will always be bright green with light yellow spots. Gravid is really dark colors and she will get really aggressive this is when she's ready to lay her eggs

My veiled was never bred but had eggs 3x. Everytime, I saw lumps like she was a bag of beans. If she has eggs you will see them cause they have an unbelieveable amount in there. She will dig a tunnel. Put a blanket or towels over her cage when you see her on the ground of her bin. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WATCH OR DISTURB HER. Make sure she has her dripper dripping. She needs water.

Correct me experts if I am wrong. But he mated her, so she is pregant right? They are 100% going to have eggs with in 30 days of mating.

Correct me experts if I am wrong. But he mated her, so she is pregant right? They are 100% going to have eggs with in 30 days of mating.
No need to be correct,u are doing fine :)If its a successful mating the egg will usually developed within 2 month of the period time,the gravid female will slow down her eating n wondering up and down in her cage restless without any second thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom