How do I lower overnight humidity?

lthrbecks

Established Member
My vivarium is sitting at 90% humidity at 2am in the morning. I thinks it's too high during the night time hours. It's fine during the day at around 50 to 60%. I mist around four times a day. I thought misting lowered humidity, when in fact, it increases it!

I wonder would a dehumidifier, sitting on the mesh lid, help to withdraw the excess moisture from the vivarium?

Any advice on the above matter would be much appreciated folks. Thanks

REALLY! that's what it's at night! I've read lots of posts it's far too high and can cause all sorts of health issues.

I got this info online tonight

A veiled chameleon needs a RH of 50 to 80%. Better err on the side of too high than too low. Too high can cause fungus to grow, this can be unhealthy for you and your chameleon. Too low means that your chameleon could get dehydrated easily.

In the heat of the day high humidity could cause problems especially with low or poor air flow. High humidity with cooler night time temperatures is more consistent with trends in nature and is believed to contribute to hydration.

I've literally just read that!

A veiled chameleon needs a RH of 50 to 80%. Better err on the side of too high than too low. Too high can cause fungus to grow, this can be unhealthy for you and your chameleon. Too low means that your chameleon could get dehydrated easily.

My vivarium is sitting at 90% humidity at 2am in the morning. I thinks it's too high during the night time hours. It's fine during the day at around 50 to 60%. I mist around four times a day. I thought misting lowered humidity, when in fact, it increases it!

I wonder would a dehumidifier, sitting on the mesh lid, help to withdraw the excess moisture from the vivarium?

Any advice on the above matter would be much appreciated folks. Thanks
I aim for mine to be 90-100% for 9hrs a night

MY PET CHAMELEON

The OP has continuously ignored information that we have tried to give him including links to correct husbandry info since they became a member. They keep going with inaccurate info on websites they find and info from their local store. One of the reasons I stopped trying to assist them.

look lthrbecks just go to this website it has EVERYTHING you need to know. You don't need to go anywhere else. "anywhere else" is probably wrong info too. there is so much misinformation on the internet and youtube.
And yes it does appear he seems to be ignoring the links to proper husbandry because he would've known about the humidity if he had read everything on https://chameleonacademy.com/ which was linked many times on many different threads. We also gave you other resources which provides this information but you still don't know it?

Do not take this too harshly we are only trying to help but it seems like you are ignoring us for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom