How do I lower overnight humidity?

look lthrbecks just go to this website it has EVERYTHING you need to know. You don't need to go anywhere else. "anywhere else" is probably wrong info too. there is so much misinformation on the internet and youtube.
And yes it does appear he seems to be ignoring the links to proper husbandry because he would've known about the humidity if he had read everything on https://chameleonacademy.com/ which was linked many times on many different threads. We also gave you other resources which provides this information but you still don't know it?

Do not take this too harshly we are only trying to help but it seems like you are ignoring us for some reason.
I hate to say but this a tad late. The chameleon is gone

I don't understand that. Ok well one died I'll just go get another and do the same thing. We can pray they don't :mad:
Me neither. I'll go find the thread and attach it in a sec. I think @AmandaS and I advised him to do more research before jumping to a new one, and we are yet to get a reply from him from that thread

I myself I'm not responding to another of their post. They just keep making new threads. It is clear they are gonna do whatever they want. I am thinking @jamest0o0 was right... troll
ok that seems like a good idea. Also. looking through his old threads, He got this idea that it was a desert animal and was confused why he was being asked to buy a forest 6%. Yeah like why would it be a desert animal when you have a tall enclosure full of plants ?

ok that seems like a good idea. Also. looking through his old threads, He got this idea that it was a desert animal and was confused why he was being asked to buy a forest 6%. Yeah like why would it be a desert animal when you have a tall enclosure full of plants ?
It is so simple... They ask for info and then do not listen at all to anything. They ask the same question multiple times even making multiple threads. Providing feedback is pointless. They have now been a member for over 3 months. Still having questions is one thing. But having the same questions when you have been given the information over and over and over again is just intentionally ignoring the information and doing what suits them.

The OP has continuously ignored information that we have tried to give him including links to correct husbandry info since they became a member. They keep going with inaccurate info on websites they find and info from their local store. One of the reasons I stopped trying to assist them.

I hope you aren't blaming me for Hammys death, that would be very hurtful. He got the very best care and love. It's upsetting to read how you all gang up on someone who's simply looking for help. I've ordered new hygrometers, as I feel the ones I'm using are unaccurate. Figaro, arrives on Thursday, I hope and pray his health will be good. I'd hate to watch another chameleon suffer like Hammy. I do appreciate everyone's input, but am upset at being called a troll.

I hope you aren't blaming me for Hammys death, that would be very hurtful. He got the very best care and love. It's upsetting to read how you all gang up on someone who's simply looking for help. I've ordered new hygrometers, as I feel the ones I'm using are unaccurate. Figaro, arrives on Thursday, I hope and pray his health will be good. I'd hate to watch another chameleon suffer like Hammy. I do appreciate everyone's input, but am upset at being called a troll.
I am not... It could have been husbandry errors. I wish you would just listen to us. I have tried repeatedly to help you. I actually do know what I am talking about when it comes to Veiled Chameleons and their husbandry. Everything has to be on point and correct or they get sick and die. This is not me picking on you this is the truth. Glass enclosures have to be set up exactly right because they hold humidity.

Here are accurate resources for you. Don't use google for information on husbandry. I wish you the best with your next one. I will be honest and say that if the last one died due to improper husbandry then that is the potential outcome for this next one.
So if you want to ensure you have the right set up and information start reading through every single module in this husbandry program https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
This link is care specific for Veileds https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

What beman said is absolutely correct. How old and where did you get him is this new one, Figaro? Also I would recommend to fill out the husbandry form for the new one. I know he's not here, but pretend he is when filling it out. If there is something that is n/a when filling it out, then just write n/a. I wish you and Figaro a long and happy life together

Thanks. I don't mean to ignore you guys. I've been reading that fans are good. Would they be used 24/7? My last smaller viv never showed condensation on the substrate glass right at the bottom. Since setting up the bigger viv I've noticed condensation first thing in the mornings. It soon disappears min you. Any thoughts

What beman said is absolutely correct. How old and where did you get him is this new one, Figaro? Also I would recommend to fill out the husbandry form for the new one. I know he's not here, but pretend he is when filling it out. If there is something that is n/a when filling it out, then just write n/a. I wish you and Figaro a long and happy life together

Thank you for your message much appreciated. Figaro is coming from Exotic Pets in England not too sure of his age.

Thanks. I don't mean to ignore you guys. I've been reading that fans are good. Would they be used 24/7? My last smaller viv never showed condensation on the substrate glass right at the bottom. Since setting up the bigger viv I've noticed condensation first thing in the mornings. It soon disappears min you. Any thoughts
You mind find the condensation because since its right at the bottom its below the air vents.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom