How do folks set up their foggers?

jcarlsen

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm wondering for those of us with screen cages how many of you position and set up your foggers? Do you wind up cutting holes in your screens to feed hoses in or just let it rest on top? Any pictures of your fogging setups would be super helpful!

I run the fogger tube to the top screen panel of the cage, poke a hole in the middle, and shove the tube through an inch or two. This way the fog goes downwards and spreads throughout the cage, and sometimes the water settles on leaves. In the morning it creates 'dew' affect. I suppose you could just rig it so the opening is pressed against the top screen, and then it will go through the screen, if you dont want to ruin it.

I use 1/2 inch pvc piping between 4 cages just T off where you want the fog to enter the cage. I cut like a 45 degree angle at the end so that moisture doesn’t build up causing the fog to back up. That is a problem I had with the expandable tubing moisture would build up in the tube causing the fog to stop flowing and as well when I put the end of the hose flush on the top moisture would build up as well causing the flow to stop as well. Here’s a video where I got the idea from just made some adjustments to fit my needs

I use 1/2 inch pvc piping between 4 cages just T off where you want the fog to enter the cage. I cut like a 45 degree angle at the end so that moisture doesn’t build up causing the fog to back up. That is a problem I had with the expandable tubing moisture would build up in the tube causing the fog to stop flowing and as well when I put the end of the hose flush on the top moisture would build up as well causing the flow to stop as well. Here’s a video where I got the idea from just made some adjustments to fit my needs

That’s actually what I was thinking of doing. The soft expandable tubing of mine definitely just built up a ton of water in it.

I don't cut the screen. I run large PVC tubing horizontally across the top of the cage row. I drill a dozen or more 1/4" holes in the bottom side of the PVC for each cage. This creates a curtain of fog that falls into the middle of each cage. I use large bore PVC to reduce the resistance in the pipe and aid flow.

I don't cut the screen. I run large PVC tubing horizontally across the top of the cage row. I drill a dozen or more 1/4" holes in the bottom side of the PVC for each cage. This creates a curtain of fog that falls into the middle of each cage. I use large bore PVC to reduce the resistance in the pipe and aid flow.
I really like that idea! Great way to get an even spread and not damage your enclosure! Are you using a standard size humidifier for it? My main issue is that I'd either have to place it on the floor or on top of our toy case (from ikea). From the floor I just don't know how far a humidifier can carry the fog upwards to the top. Thanks again for the idea!

I use a couple different cool mist humidifiers but I use a plain old Vicks for the 3 cage setup I was describing. It holds well over a gallon runs 5-6 hours a night and sits level with the bottom of my cages. I think I would get better flow if it was raised but I have not had the time lately to add a shelf. I have to run it at 3/4 to full on the dial to see fog but dial it back to 1/2 to meet my target humidity (80-100%) for my cages at night. My cages have plastic sides except for the front and top.

Back
Top Bottom