How do chameleons sleep?

Justnmac

17586DB7-8214-4631-A8F4-0C8769DE90A8.jpeg
Eye recently just got my juvenile veiled chameleon An went to go check him out see where An how he sleeps an eye found him at the bottom of the terrarium in the corner standing up against the glass?!? Is this normal ....

Where an how do they usually sleep? This is the first time ive found him like this or even went to look for him at sleep hours. He’s never even been this low in the enclosure. Kinda got me thinking an sorta tripped me out.

Can we get a full picture of his enclosure? That might not be a suitable enclosure for a Veiled. They require screen enclosures or terrariums, not aquariums, because they do not have enough ventilation.

Can we get a full picture of his enclosure? That might not be a suitable enclosure for a Veiled. They require screen enclosures or terrariums, not aquariums, because they do not have enough ventilation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 207
Thank you for the photo! Sorry for the misunderstanding, in the previous photo, I thought that the black part of the hinge where the bottom part of the doors open was the top of a 10 gal. Your enclosure looks amazing! I think that you should put a vine on the bottom so that he/she can get up if he/she is stuck at the bottom. happy Chameleon Keeping! :)

Thank you for the photo! Sorry for the misunderstanding, in the previous photo, I thought that the black part of the hinge where the bottom part of the doors open was the top of a 10 gal. Your enclosure looks amazing! I think that you should put a vine on the bottom so that he/she can get up if he/she is stuck at the bottom. happy Chameleon Keeping! :)
Thank you it’s a he, An eye will add something for him to get outta the lower area. But back to the sleeping questions do they sleep standing up an why would he go to the lower corner like that any one have any ideas?

What are your temps like? Could it be maybe he got to hot? They sleep in all different ways. My boys have their sleeping spots they go to every night. Same place.

What are your temps like? Could it be maybe he got to hot? They sleep in all different ways. My boys have their sleeping spots they go to every night. Same place.[/QUOT
he could have been warm he was basking for most of the day up top. The tanks thermometer is about 14” from bottom of tank near the middle of the terrarium an the temp during the day with the bulbs on reads 70’

Back
Top Bottom