How did you come up with a name for your CHAM?

Well lets see-

Kink was originally Cammie (a girl) then Camo (When found to be a boy) then changed to kink when he got a kink in his tail somehow.

Lily came named that way.

Glacier Nigel- (his dad was Ice Man) Nigel from a tv show (his previous owner named him that)

Nogah- Hebrew for bright (Im Jewish)

Arina/ Alina - pretty names for pretty panther girls

:D

Morgan - I named him after Morgan Freeman's role in Shawshank(one of my fav). He is a red bar ambilobe.

I'm still in the process of naming mine.

So far the options in the running are:

Bilbo, because my roommate and I are both under 5ft and refer to our place as the hobbit hole.

Henry, just because.

Derp, because chameleons are the cutest derpiest things ever.

He doesn't come in for another few weeks so I'm debating on just waiting to meet him in person to name him. But I kindof like Derp a lot.

We named our first chameleon Mr.Pink, after Steve Buscemi's character in Resevoir Dogs.

Ambanja- Walker: came from Texas Ranger. Made perfect sense.

Verrucosus- Chazam: Just because it was bada$$. :D

Ambilobe- Broadway: because he lit up the colors like NYC

Tamatave- Tomato: Biffle's daughter named him. I kept it. ;)

Ambilobe cross- Fenix: again, because it was bada$$. :D

Ambanja- Walker: came from Texas Ranger. Made perfect sense.

Verrucosus- Chazam: Just because it was bada$$. :D

Ambilobe- Broadway: because he lit up the colors like NYC

Tamatave- Tomato: Biffle's daughter named him. I kept it. ;)

Ambilobe cross- Fenix: again, because it was bada$$. :D

You named my verrucosus Chazam jr. and the rest of mine don't have names.

I named my Jackson's chameleon "Ferdinand" because somehow I got it in my head that F J Jackson, for whom they were named, was Ferdinand John Jackson...

Turns out he was FREDERICK John Jackson. But it was too late by the time I figured out my mistake, so Ferdinand he is! Although his nickname is "dummy" because he is always getting his horns caught on stuff.

:D

Kibi - my ambanja who has passed away - named after a comedian I heard on the radio, then I kept the K trend
Kimani - my veiled, it means "Adventurous Traveler" and he came to FL from CA when he was about 6 weeks old
Kosby - my ambi boy - he's chill and multi-colored like Bill Cosby's sweaters
Keeley - my ambi girl and Kosby's future girlfriend - I just liked the name and my cousin-in-law is named Keelyn

I named my veiled Rebel because when I went into a local pet store to buy him he jumped out of the employees hand and I caught him. My niece said "boy, hes a little rebel" and it stuck....:D

Just going to tell you a few 'cause it would take pages to tell you them all after 24+ years of keeping them.

Houdini was an expert escape artist.
Banan (Arabic) had white tips on her fingers and the name means finger tips.
Ascend was the only one that came out of the egg butt first.
Prima was the first one I ever hatched.

My wife and I have named all of our pets from different mythologies...

We named our first cham Loki from norse mythology. He was a shape shifting trickster so we thought it would be perfect for our new ambilobe :)

Our second cham was sold to us at a reptile show as a female ambilobe. Once we learned she was actually a male nosy be we named him Poseidon after the Greek god of the sea. We figured the name would fit the teals and blues he was developing lol.

We got our third cham specifically to be a girlfriend for Loki so we named her after the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.

We have several other pets named mainly from Greek and Norse mythology but I think we're going to need to get a couple more chams so we can get some Egyptian names going ;)

Bomber! Premium Velied from FLChams.

Every morning when his lights came on and just after misting he would climb out over a vine in the middle of the cage, stick his butt out, and poop. Every morning he did the same same thing. I put an air gun target on the bottom of the cage for him to aim for. Hit it every time. He also seemed to wipe by doing the boot scootin' boogie on the vine. Wish I still had him to see if he was still up to his old tricks.

Back
Top Bottom