How did you come up with a name for your CHAM?

Bomber! Premium Velied from FLChams.

Every morning when his lights came on and just after misting he would climb out over a vine in the middle of the cage, stick his butt out, and poop. Every morning he did the same same thing. I put an air gun target on the bottom of the cage for him to aim for. Hit it every time. He also seemed to wipe by doing the boot scootin' boogie on the vine. Wish I still had him to see if he was still up to his old tricks.

OMG I'm dying! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

My husband got to name our first Jackson's and decided to be creative and name him Bob. I named our little female Jackson's Eponine pretty much because it was right after Les Mis came out and she is our only female pet.

I have a male panther cham and I named him Floyd because I am a major Pink Floyd fan. It kinda suited him in a weird way.:D

I spent hours typing out a list of clever names and then my spouse and son picked the first one on the list.

(This is going to sound really silly...)
About a week before I got my first cham, I was just laying in bed thinking about the past.. and all of the sudden I was on the topic of Hannah Montana. Then next thing I know, I'm thinking about how great the name Oliver would be for my chameleon.

my veiled female is harlequin..it means a shade of green..but her alias is cammy..cuz i couldnt think of anything better when i got her lol

I am heavily influenced by literary names. So nearly everyone has been named after a character, either from a book, play, or mythology. I'm a particular fan on Shakespeare so I've had Othello, Cassio, Desdemona, etc. And then from Greek texts I've had Cerberus, Daedalus, Antigone, etc.

I personally feel that everyone should have a name with a certain oomph or dignity to it. So I've never had a pet named something cutesy.

First chameleon was a female veil - sooo tiny when I got her, I decided to name her WIDGET.

When I got my second chameleon, a panther, I kept the theme and named him GIZMO.

Good thing Grimbold was already named or he could have ended up being called THING-A-MA-JIG.

I like to name my Jacksons after a famous jackson (ie Michael Jackson, Tito Jackson, Stonewall Jackson). My new little baby is named Samuel L Jackson (you can call him Sammy).

For my panthers, for some reason I like curmudgeonly old people peoples like Gus, Moe, Nelly, Malcolm (kinda)... Maybe its the permanent look of disapproval they have on their faces :)

Back
Top Bottom